Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted a gunslinger for that old factory style pistol grip shifter for my 6 speed '09 R/T but those things are way too tall looking for my liking. I just couldn't see that tall of shifter giving a natural feel. So i decided to go a different way to get an old look but comfortable feel. I ended up picked up an original pistol grip shifter assy that had been cut short & some clamp welded on. Ended up winning the shifter handle for $65 which came with original handles & top lens so I didn't have to buy anything else. I cut my factory shifter handle & got the old '70s pistol grip set to a comfortable position which is slightly tilted at the top toward the drivers side. The feel is great & very natural. It's a nice fit and gives a really nice old nostalgic look.

Shifter in Neutral

Shifter in Second Gear

Shifter in Neutral

Shifter in First Gear

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
SSSSSUUUUUWWWWWEEEEET!

Nice grab and looks great! :banger:

·
Registered
789 Posts
I like it, nice job!!

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Nice job - it looks great! I'm not thrilled with the stock pistol grip either.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put about 3,ooo miles on now with this shifter & it's the best thing I did to the car. It really makes driving nice & feels like it is in the right spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
grancuda
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing