Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between the two? I noticed HemiTuner asks for a lot more info about the car before he tunes the TCM, whereas OST Dyno only asks what RPM you want it to shift at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
both are great.. aj i know will take longer to get back to you. he just has always been that way. mike is good stuff also and his son micha is great and sharp on this stuff

Reactions: BEA5T

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you using HP Tuners to tune your TCM? I thought Hemifever only dealt with Diablosport, unless they have TCM tuning available now?
He said he doesn't do TCM tuning

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I thought you had asked about Hemifever, but you were asking about Hemituner, my bad. I used Hemifever for my PCM tuning and he's been great, but that's correct he does not do TCM tuning yet. Diablosport is working on TCM tuning but has not yet released anything as of yet.

I heard good things about Mike at OST from others but I have no firsthand experience. Curious to hear about your experience once you figure out which route to go. I'm anxious to get some TCM tuning on my car but really don't feel like shelling out another $500-600 for that with HP Tuners if it doesn't pick up that much at the track.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I've asked him to do for the new TCM, anything I've left out?

•6800 rpm auto upshift
•2nd gear converter lockup (3200 stall)
•reduce torque management as much as possible
•sportier driving when in Drive (stock TCM is sluggish, and shifts to higher gears too quickly when under normal driving) so maybe change the part throttle shift points?
•firm shifts (I have firm shifts already with my tranzformer, will i still be able to use the tranzformer?)
•quicker shifts

·
Premium Member
2015 Challenger SXT+
201 Posts
In the middle of getting my supercharged 2015 v6 tuned by Mike. So far great progress. On the 2nd revision now. You can follow my progress in my threads under my history.

He did report that the 8 speed tuning is only available on the v8s? I haven't gotten a reason as to why yet. I'll ask in my next email.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
AJ ( hemituner) did my TCM, took about 3 months of back and forth mailing to get it done, shift points will not be all the same, my 1-2 shift is around 6500-6600 rpm, 2-3 shift is around 6700 rpm and 3-4 shift is around 6800 to 7000, shift points vary a little depending on temps, but are in this general range according to data logs.

He did have my shifts points firmness where the tires broke loose between shifts, but then your down shifts become real harsh and want to lock up the tires when it down shifts, AJ says they are connected and he can't give me super hard up shifts without super hard down shifts. So I had to back off on the shift firmness, it's still a little to hard on my down shifts but I got tired of the back and forth mailings and gave up on any more tuning.

He was able to stretch out my shift points under light load, like my car don't shift into 2nd gear til about 11 mph and 3rd gear til 18 mph and 5th gear til 43 mph under light load. I would like to stretched it out some more specially first but once again got tired of the mailings and I'm just living with what I have.

He was able to change gear ratio in the tcm as well. He had to go into the diablosports tune at the time and raise my shift point to 7200 rpm, because the first time I got my tcm back my car would not shift under WOT it just bounced off the rev limiter.

He changed to lock up converter in 2nd and reduced torque management as well

There's a few things I would like to change to my current TCM program, but just don't want to go thru the wait time again.

Best bet if you go with AJ, buy a whole new TCM so during the wait time, you can stick your stock TCM in your car and drive it while waiting on your changes. My car sat for 3 months while waiting on AJ and only drove it long enough to check the changes and pulled it right back out and mailed it off again.

Reactions: BEA5T

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I was thinking about doing something similar, and asked Luke for a price on a TCM for my 2015. He said it is integrated into the valve body on the A8 transmissions. Dang.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
552 Posts
He did have my shifts points firmness where the tires broke loose between shifts, but then your down shifts become real harsh and want to lock up the tires when it down shifts, AJ says they are connected and he can't give me super hard up shifts without super hard down shifts. So I had to back off on the shift firmness, it's still a little to hard on my down shifts but I got tired of the back and forth mailings and gave up on any more tuning.

The TranZformer 1st gen from zautotech allows you to firm up your shifts and down shifts separately and your shift points on pre 15's 5 speeds.I have mine set up to shift hard in auto stick with a softer downshift for the track.In regular drive I don't have it as aggressive on the upshift and downshift.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I received the OST Dyno TCM today, and I'm not impressed at all. It only shifts at 6800 in 3rd gear and above. 1st gear it shifts at 6000, 2nd gear about 6500. My rev limiter is set at 7100. It's definitely not quicker at shifting than my stock TCM, and far from being sporty. It's sluggish taking off under light load, far from quick, and my ESP/BAS light is on now. Not sure why it's messing with my anti-lock brakes. I'll definitely have to send it back to be corrected, I'm not even remotely happy with the performance. I'm sure they'll get it right though. I don't think sending it back should count as one of my three free revisions either, since it's not performing the way I asked. Just sucks I have to pay shipping to send it back after I already paid almost $400... I can't send my core TCM back to them yet for the refund since this is my daily driver, so I can't have down time.

Update: ESP/BAS light went out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts