Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backing out of a spot, didn't see the car pull up behind me, no damage to their car, must have hit their tail pipe...not sure.

Will this cost much to repair you think?

Will doing something like THIS look horrible (quick photoshop)?

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
I feel your pain.....Ouch! I’m afraid nothing is cheap when it comes to bodywork. At least $800 probably more. They will need to repaint the whole bumper to make it match. But if it were me it would be worth it to get it back to looking like it did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
First off, I'd get my back-up camera fixed. >:)
Sorry, just had to do it.

I'm guessing at least $800 maybe more, probably have to take off the bumper, labor is a killer.

Idea if you can't afford it......even out the damage and get it as even as you can and buy 2 BIG "M" black decals from Amazon/E-bay for each side of the bumper.
That emblem looks out of place to me, but that's me.

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
955 Posts
They will absolutely need to take the bumper off. Depending on the shop, some shops would choose to replace others would repair. If you are paying out of pocket, the choice is yours.

For a repair, I'm guessing 2 hours remove and install, 4-6 hours repair, 2 hours paint, + materials.

I think the above guesses at $800ish are about right.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I'd say 650 if you can find a shop willing to cut you a good deal. The hole makes it a little more expensive. Now if I did that, I'd be giving myself quite the lecture. Needless to say, it all depends on which shop does the work.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,066 Posts
Backing out of a spot, didn't see the car pull up behind me, no damage to their car, must have hit their tail pipe...not sure.

Will this cost much to repair you think?

Will doing something like THIS look horrible (quick photoshop)?
There’s a dealership around here that has oval shaped logo stickers they put on all their cars, just about in that very spot actually. Something like that might make it more palatable to you and less likely to draw the eye of the average 3rd person.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
633 Posts
I ran a Body Shop for 25 years so I have some experience in this type of repair. The are excellent plastic repair tools, technology and materials available today. IMO the bumper cover is definitely repairable to OE appearance and durability and should save significant $ compared to the cost of a new bumper cover. In any case, find a reputable repair shop or 2 or 3 and get opinions and estimates from them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts