Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a big shock every exit of car after a drive long or short. Has only been happening for the past week or so. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
2,987 Posts
Ditch the silk panties and nylons.

Ok, maybe that's not that funny.

Seriously, reads like something you are wearing is creating static electricity and this is discharging and giving you a bit of a shock.

Have you been at the electrics? Made a stereo change?

All the car's electrical systems appear to work ok? I don't know what options you have, but say power seats? Heated/vented seats? Windows? Door locks? Etc?

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
Probably touch the sill or door jamb to ground yourself.

I remember there was anti-static spray (this is stuff you spray on clothing to stop static cling). I presume you have a cloth interior?

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Happens to me a lot if the weather is cool/dry and I'm wearing a fleece pull-over. You can test it out without turning the car on by just kind of moving around in the seat and then getting out of the car.

-T

·
Registered
223 Posts
My Challenger was giving me a jolt. I noticed it after my exhaust was replaced. One day I was under my car, and notice a ground strap from the body to the exhuast was no longer attached and hanging. I reattached it, and I haven't notice getting shocked any longer...

I have used the strap mentioned above on other cars, it also helps cut the dust down on the paint as well...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts