Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been a lurker for a long time, but putting my efforts into restoring a '70 Barracuda. it's still a couple years out from being finished, so we decided to get something fun to fill the gap and give me a new daily driver since my other 2 have a combined 600k miles on them ('02 Dakota and an '01 Protege .. both still running strong) and it will help keep away thoughts of tossing a Hemi in the Cuda and keeping it original (225 slant 6, 3spd ... not many slant e-bodies left).

2010 RT, Exterior Appearance Package, Super Track Pack, Sound Group 2, leather. Came out of Texas, so it's nice and rust free .... but a bunch of the exterior trim rubber is shot so I'll be replacing all that ASAP. the trim plastic is coming back nicely with multiple treatments of Back to Black conditioner. interior is near new. he de-badged it, we re-badged it with OG Challenger fender badges, RT and HEMI badges on the way, chromed the door handles/mirrors, stainless marker light surrounds. besides the Cuda, I've always lusted after a '70 Challenger T/A and this is the closest I'll get, so we wanted to retro it a little. my wife wishes they made chrome window trim .... haven't found em yet. future plans are to do a few minor engine mods + exhaust upgrade, nothing big though.

passing through, didn't notice I accidentally parked in just the right spot until reviewing the pics later

my beautiful wife and new girlfriend

need to clean the engine. took the cover off to see if he did any mods, looks like just the CAI

inspiration

**edit to add pics of the Barracuda as requested. just got it back from metal work, I've been restoring a lot of the small bits, evaporust is my new good friend. haha

when I picked it up off the farm (my dad bought it in '73, stopped driving it in '87)

Easter2007075.jpg

what it looks like now

what it should like like

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
Welcome from California ;) Love the old school (the 2010 too, lol) (y) Happy Anniversary

A Guy

Reactions: black_EAG

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Pictures of the 'Cuda, please. But isn't it really a Barracuda since it not a performance package. Thats just my understanding of it. Ya, you definitely have a rare breed, since a lot of them are now recycled or people put V8's in them. Oh and congrats on the Challenger.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
congrats! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures of the 'Cuda, please. But isn't it really a Barracuda since it not a performance package. Thats just my understanding of it. Ya, you definitely have a rare breed, since a lot of them are now recycled or people put V8's in them. Oh and congrats on the Challenger.

edited my pics above to add the Barracuda. you are correct, Cuda was a trim level/performance package, base level was just a Barracuda, though you could option the crap out of them back then ... lots of insurance cheater builds on the Barracuda base.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
edited my pics above to add the Barracuda. you are correct, Cuda was a trim level/performance package, base level was just a Barracuda, though you could option the crap out of them back then ... lots of insurance cheater builds on the Barracuda base.
Cool, I used to have a '73 'Cuda 340 4spd back in the early 90's. Wish I still had it. It was yellow with the black stripe running down the sides.. Looks like you got your work cut out for you.

·
Vendor
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the community! You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Awesome, Welcome from Virginia ! My best friend from back in high school had a 73 Dodge 'Scamp' . I think it was called that. It had the slant six. Interesting looking motor. don't know how they mounted it on their side in the engine bay. 🤔

Girls and cars, always a good mix. You're a lucky man black_Eag (y)

best regards
parrott

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,315 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky....

Bought Ol’ Yeller for the daughter in April 2019. She wanted something flashy and eye catching, and I wanted something retro.

We both won.....IMO. Top car does not belong to me, but shows how well retro the new Challengers can be. The R/T’s are sweet, too....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts