Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a city with a total metro-area population of about 2mill people and I recognize 2-3 of the same challengers on the highway from time to time. LOL..........kid you not!!

IE...in the morning rush........it's hard for me to miss'em when I see'em!! It's almost to the point now that we give each other a 'nod' when we see each other.
LOL

How weird is that??...a sign of a really cool car!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Same thing happens to me. The 'club' consists of Red, Purple, Black and Orange in that order as I travel to work. Always makes me smile.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
About the same here although certainly not the same population. In a town of 16,000 I see 4-5 Challengers on a regular basis. 3 are S/E's, one TorRed R/T and one black SRT. Occasionally a Hemi Orange SRT gets spotted around town but that's pretty much it.

My 09 S/E moved out of town and the local dealer here had a PCP that got sold to Texas, a TorRed SRT that went to Colorado and a couple of black S/E's that both went out of state.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I live in Los Angeles and since they were released, I've seen maybe half a dozen in total.

That's part of the reason why I'm buying one, you can't swing a cat without hitting a dozen mustangs and half a dozen camaros, but challengers are still as rare as rocking horse shit :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Its the same as an old car thumbs up or the biker arm down. You recognize each other because you have the same car......but thats cool:thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Upstate NY, Finger Lakes area....so far only seen 3 different ones, black rt, orange rt, and my b5 srt
Yup, same here. Central N.Y Utica area. Seen an orange, red and silver being driven this winter. There a dark red, B5 and my DWB that only comes out the weathers warm an sunny.

·
Registered
108 Posts
San Antonio (2nd largest city in Texas) has mainly Mustangs, then Camaro's, then rarely a Challenger. Such a shame, I really like seeing Challengers on the road around town, all 3 muscle car's look good to me.

If my Mustang wasn't unique, I would be driving a Challenger for sure just to get out of the ocean of others.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I live about 20-30 minutes south of the Bramptom plant and yeah still dont see many on the road here in the greater toronto area
Mustangs thats a different story,but when I do see a Challenger and Im in the work truck its funny to see the heads turn:thumbsup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Small town about an hour north of you Buckeye....and i am the only one in town (as far as i can tell), so that is pretty cool! Will see if any more pop up in the surrounding radius small towns this summer, but definitely a rare runner!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here in Albany NY I am one of 2 Challys I see on a regular basis...and there is a silver and blue one in the Saratoga region. Whenever I see one I try and get close to it...and I love the highway nod with other owners :)

NOW, what is really rare?! Me driving it all winter, on great snows, blowing by SUV's and other 'made for weather' cars in the snow...

Not that this was a wise idea, but that car handles snow like a champ with the right tires...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would be interested in knowing the yearly production number for Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros. I think the Challengers attract the most attention in part because they are not as common. We've come back to our new R/T in parking lots several times to find people walking around looking at it and we've only had it for a few weeks! Also, Challengers (along with Mustangs to a lesser extent and Camaros not very well at all) do the best job of retaining the original muscle car look. The only thing I think could have been done better would be to scale down the dimensions a bit to make it a slightly smaller car with exactly the same look.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Around the Fort Knox/Louisville area my guess would be out of every 10 "big 3" muscle cars its about 5 stangs to 4 camaros to 1 challenger. Maybe 6-3-1 but camaros just keep springing up all around the area. Got 2 new camaros in the past 4 weeks within 4 blocks of our housing. Ive met a lot of cool people in the past year since we got our car but frankly a lot of the challenger owners around these parts seem to be not very social. Never returning the wave or the fog light flash.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would be interested in knowing the yearly production number for Challengers, Mustangs and Camaros. ...
I was keeping up with the monthly production numbers for a while but got bored with it. I might get caught up later but here is the last set of numbers I had starting with the public sale of the Camaro back in April, 09.

MS = Market share as a percentage of the total production for that month.

I wrote this back in April after Camaro took the market share away from Ford, which is a pretty phenomenal feat in itself. Since then I've noticed more and more Camaro's. Not quite to the reach of commonality of the Mustang but getting there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I live less than a mile from Washington, DC and rarely see a Chally. Bet I haven't seen more than half a dozen in the last year. No wonder I get so many thumbs up!

But in more reflective moments I wonder, is it because these cars are pieces of sh*t?

NOT!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Here in Central Florida, I can go a whole week witout seeing one. Then the following week, I'll see five. I'll see a Camaro about every five miles and a Mustang about every ten.
In the year I've owned my 2010 Titanium R/T, I've only seen three others of the same color. I read somewhere on this forum that it's the least chosen color, which makes me like it even more. All in all, I love the large size and the fact that it's a true five seater. Not to mention that classic bad ass muscle car look!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for posting the production numbers, R/T 6speed. I'll admit to being surprised at how many Camaros were produced during that span. I would have guessed that the Mustang production would have been in first place. I suppose the fact that the "retro" Camaro is newer than the Mustang would account for the numbers. The lower production numbers for the Challenger is about what I expected.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts