Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Fiat bought the rest of Chrysler, I just read that the name is going to change to Fiat Chrysler, and the headquarters are moving to London, U.K. (England). Wow, who would have ever thought Mopars would become British cars. Especially after the good ole U.S.A. bailed them out. All muscle car fans need to get together and write Fiat that Mopars are American. If they won't remain in the USA then we need to talk to CONGRESS. Should that fail then we all should find a way to buy it back, and bring it home. Has anybody tried to get parts for a british car. Jeep and Dodge are American Classics. Can America stratigically aford to let the Jeep go overseas. Can the car culture allow the American Icons to become British. If all Mopar fans, new and old got together could we buy them back? Can we afford not to.:(:grouphug:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 last true American Challengers

Fiat Chrysler plans to be out of Detroit and moved to London by the end of 2014. Does this mean that 2014's are the last true American Muscle Challengers? Toyota's Honda's etc are considered Japaneese even though some are built in the USA. If that logic is followed then Chrysler's will be British cars :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
FCA

Don't think your information is correct, from what I have read there will be no move from Auburn Hills, Michigan or Turin, Italy locations

"The new holding company for Chrysler and Fiat is called Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, and is to be incorporated in the Netherlands, using the United Kingdom as a tax base." ALLPAR

·
Registered
601 Posts
Fiat Chrysler plans to be out of Detroit and moved to London by the end of 2014. Does this mean that 2014's are the last true American Muscle Challengers? Toyota's Honda's etc are considered Japaneese even though some are built in the USA. If that logic is followed then Chrysler's will be British cars :scratchhead:
The office in London will be very small just to have representation there. And this is for FCA. Chrysler stays in Auburn Hills.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Now that Fiat bought the rest of Chrysler, I just read that the name is going to change to Fiat Chrysler, and the headquarters are moving to London, U.K. (England). Wow, who would have ever thought Mopars would become British cars. Especially after the good ole U.S.A. bailed them out. All muscle car fans need to get together and write Fiat that Mopars are American. If they won't remain in the USA then we need to talk to CONGRESS. Should that fail then we all should find a way to buy it back, and bring it home. Has anybody tried to get parts for a british car. Jeep and Dodge are American Classics. Can America stratigically aford to let the Jeep go overseas. Can the car culture allow the American Icons to become British. If all Mopar fans, new and old got together could we buy them back? Can we afford not to.:(:grouphug:
1) You can write to Congress all you want....they are not major stakeholders in Chrysler, so it would do about as much good as writing to Santa Claus and my dead Grandma.

2) Chrysler has been a part of Fiat now for almost five years...this isn't new.

3) Chrysler "merged" with Mercedes back in 1998, and was a part of Daimler from then until 2007. So other than a 2 year period (from 2007 - 2009) Chrysler hasn't been a completely "American" car company for over 15 years.

4) As has been mentioned before, there is a difference in the FCA Holding Company, and the Auburn Hills Chrysler HQ.

5) Considering Fiat also owns Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, and Maserati, I can think of far worse automotive families to "marry" into.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Nothing's moving out of Auburn Hills (or out of Turin, for that matter). There will be a tiny corporate HQ in London. The holding company is incorporated in the Netherlands for various arcane tax reasons. (So technically they're Dutch cars, I guess, not British cars.)

It's still "one company in two houses" as Sergio has been describing it for years, and one of those "houses" is and will continue to be Chrysler in Michigan. In fact, at least as far as Dodge goes, they're doubling down on all the parts of Dodge that we love, Hemis and horsepower and High Impact colors and all that good stuff. Chill out, guys.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Does this mean I can finally have an EVIC display in a Challenger that gives me the temperature in centigrade, and the speed/distance in miles? The British way? ;)

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Does this mean I can finally have an EVIC display in a Challenger that gives me the temperature in centigrade, and the speed/distance in miles? The British way? ;)
...yup, and the electrical system will fry after two starts, and the windows will leak in the rain... :D

Reactions: rajunz

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Centigrade? That's close to "Metric"....and we don't "do" Metric. My car gets 40 rods to the Hogshead and I like it that way!

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Centigrade? That's close to "Metric"....and we don't "do" Metric. My car gets 40 rods to the Hogshead and I like it that way!
The sooner this backwoods of a former colony gets its act together over the metric system, the better it will be for you all when Britain takes over again.

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
...yup, and the electrical system will fry after two starts, and the windows will leak in the rain... :D
LOL ^^^
With an individual ground wire run to everything in the car... :huh:

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
381 Posts
'MURICA! **** YEAH!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I LOVE MY CHALLENGER!!!! I love my Country. I have put up with alot of other cars, mostly Fords because I grew up around a Ford Dealershipnwhere my aunt was a title clerk. I saw my first Road Runner. I was gone. I wanted that car so bad, but couldnt beat the deals I got at Ford. So often I went away dissappointed with a used car at first, then after two Master's Degrees. It was the era of K cars, but did buy my first Mopar. A 1987 Shadow. It wasn't a muscle car, but a house, a house for my mother, etc....kept it a Dream. Used Corvette roadster was close, but at 1987 205hp 350 cid. But it wasn't a muscle car. It wasn't a Mopar Muscle Car. Now I Have a true Mopar Muscle car. It isn't a 383 69 bright blue Road Runner, It isn't a 70 yellow Hemi Cuda. It wasn't the red AAR Cuda that parked outside the student union every day. Just tempting me to drop out of college and getting one. Met my wife and that reinforced the need to stay in school. Well now, I have my Plum Crazy Purple Challenger Shaker. My dream finally came true. It is the best car I ever had. I love my Challenger. It is better than a Mach1, it is better than a Mustang GT, it is miles ahead of my 87 Corvette Roadster. DREAMS DO COME TRUE..........l may retire it in a few years but it isn't leaving my garage. It may become my weekend fun car, and I'll get a different daily driver. I am anxious for the car to get 1000 miles on it, then go up to Robling Road, turn off the traction control, turn on the sport mode, and try it out on the track. After that a trip to south Georgia Motorsport Park in Valdosta, GA and try it in the 1/4 mile. Great Ride Proud to be American, and proud to be a Challenger owner. The information I posted earlier about London came from Yahoo News, and Autoweek.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts