Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very sad to report I very likely won't be getting the 2015 SRT 392 I had talked myself in to this year. But kind of bitter sweet, too.

If allocation hadn't been met so fast this month, I'd have a VON by now. Been working with a couple of dealers and trying to research more dealers since I hadn't bought a new car since '08, and today was made a kind of good faith offer via email with an internet sales guy at a dealer in GA - invoice minus 1% with my affiliate code. Not bad!

I did some number crunching, found out about a new Georgia TAV tax at 6.75%, realized I could *still* do it (but things would surely get tight), and was gearing my mind up for it when my girlfriend says something like, "Can you still afford a Harley with those payments?" Bless my little babe for pointing out the forest among the trees. Yes, I have been lusting after Harleys too, but was so taken by the coolness of the 392 (still am) that nothing else mattered. So after recovering from being blind-sided with wisdom, I thought about it and decided I'll revisit the 2014 Anniversary route and still be extremely happy in a Challenger, and next up: shopping for Harleys.

How quickly and unexpectedly perspective can change...but anyway, good luck to all of you who have (or will have) 2015s on order! This forum will surely get even more fun to read.

Danny

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very sad to report I very likely won't be getting the 2015 SRT 392 I had talked myself in to this year. But kind of bitter sweet, too.

If allocation hadn't been met so fast this month, I'd have a VON by now. Been working with a couple of dealers and trying to research more dealers since I hadn't bought a new car since '08, and today was made a kind of good faith offer via email with an internet sales guy at a dealer in GA - invoice minus 1% with my affiliate code. Not bad!

I did some number crunching, found out about a new Georgia TAV tax at 6.75%, realized I could *still* do it (but things would surely get tight), and was gearing my mind up for it when my girlfriend says something like, "Can you still afford a Harley with those payments?" Bless my little babe for pointing out the forest among the trees. Yes, I have been lusting after Harleys too, but was so taken by the coolness of the 392 (still am) that nothing else mattered. So after recovering from being blind-sided with wisdom, I thought about it and decided I'll revisit the 2014 Anniversary route and still be extremely happy in a Challenger, and next up: shopping for Harleys.

How quickly and unexpectedly perspective can change...but anyway, good luck to all of you who have (or will have) 2015s on order! This forum will surely get even more fun to read.

Danny
I feel your pain man! I was 95% sure that I wouldn't buy a new challenger (I have a 2013). The 2015 models rolled out and I wasn't too impressed, until the Hellcat revealed itself with styling I liked, and power and price I can't seem to get over.

The only problem? Well My Camry is getting older by the day and I need to replace it. However I've also been dying to get back on a motorcycle, hopefully a BMW S1000RR. Between the Hellcat upgrade, a beater replacement, and a new motorcycle, I'm just stuck because my paycheck can't support all of that at one time. I already convinced myself that I would not buy a RAM 2500...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.