Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VERY SAD...I am the most qualified failure I guess.
With a long list of qualifications, I still cannot get a job offer.
I owe May and June's 2018 payments, and have no money left except to pay the mortgage, so the car has to go.
Had no choice but to go to get an offer for my Immaculate, 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT , red with only 7,292 miles on it.
CarMax offered $34K which is 2K short of what I owe.Totally SUCKS

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Hope things improve for you sooner than later. I feel for you. I am so thankful that I have had gainful employment since I was 17 years old. I'm 54 now and hope to retire in 4-5 years with a government pension. I have never experienced having that burden of bills piling up and not being able to generate income. A friend of mine had a 34 Ford hot rod, he loved that car. Just like the one from American Graffiti. He ended up having to sell it after he was married , due to financial stuff. You have been at the bottom long enough......now you can only go up!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I feel your pain, about 10 years ago I was in the same position. Was out of work for about 16 months. Couldn't find a decent paying job for nothing. Had to sell my Ram my boat, had to cash in my 401K just to pay our mortgage and pay bills. Sucks man, hang in there things will improve trust me. Now I have a nice paying job was able to buy my wife a new car back in '15 bought my '17 T/A last year. Things are looking up. Hang in there and be positive!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If you're relocatable, check out Colorado. Especially the front range (Denver Metro, Colorado Springs). Businesses are desperate for help. Complaining not enough skilled/dependable people around to hire. What do you do?

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's only a car...do the right thing, you'll be fine..

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You’re not a failure, and you’ll figure things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,841 Posts
I feel your frustration and despair, I had a real hard time finding work back in 2009-2010. Hope your luck changes for the better soon!

·
Registered
134 Posts
VERY SAD...I am the most qualified failure I guess.
With a long list of qualifications, I still cannot get a job offer.
I owe May and June's 2018 payments, and have no money left except to pay the mortgage, so the car has to go.
Had no choice but to go to get an offer for my Immaculate, 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT , red with only 7,292 miles on it.
CarMax offered $34K which is 2K short of what I owe.Totally SUCKS
Good luck, sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe you could sell your car for what you owe on it to a private party? Might as well give a Mopar guy/gal a great deal instead of a dealer/CarMax and you don't have to come up with cash out of pocket...

Hell, I'd rather sell it for $34K to a private party than to CarMax or a dealer.

Anyway, good luck I hope things improve for you soon...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sorry to hear about your state of affairs. We've all been there (me included). Keep your head down and hang in there.. Before you know it you'll be back on track. Good Luck :|

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
Well man everybody at some point has been there. Everybody has lost a job, had an emergent situation, or just a change in life circumstances which involved giving something up in order to do the right thing. Luckily in the last 15 years of working Ive never been out more than 3 months, but kids came which meant end of the boat, sled, and car, but was finally able to get my car back. Sucks adulting at times.

Always jobs out there, might not be what you want, but making money is better than making no money at all. Good friend of mine got into the over qualified scenario for 3 years, basic situation was he was older and his experience and what not commanded more than a young just out of school kid or just somebody younger, nobody wanted that. But after three years of unemployment, selling off things, he finally swallowed his pride and took a "lesser" of a job, was the best thing he ever did.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well guys, seems you all are my good luck charm!
Just woke up and checked my email and was notified there is "supposed" to be an offer letter coming my way this week by a hiring manager.
As soon as I receive it and sign it, I will let you know.
Then we can celebrate!

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
good luck with the job. Keep the Challenger in the garage (safe from the Repo man) and get it caught up when you start your new job.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Good luck. After years of a high level of success I felt that I deserved buying what was for me only my second new car ever, my 2015 SRT. A year later I hit a bump in the road work-wise and that didn't seem like such a smart idea. I put half down, so I could get out of the payment and we were far from tapped out. However, my Wife was getting pretty nervous and the job market didn't seem that open to my experience either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts