Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve been working a couple of deals on a new Challenger for the daughter, and I ended up sealing one up today at Jim Cogdill Dodge in Knoxville, TN, after several emails and few phone calls.

It’s a 2018 Challenger T/A plus in Yellow Jacket, Quick Order Package 28Q, Driver Convenience Group, Sound Group II, 8 Speed Auto, Power Sunroof, and UConnect 4C with NAVI.

It was close enough to the end of the month that the dealer had $170,000 in incentives on the line, and this purchase got them one unit closer. I actually got trade value within $1,460 of what I paid for the 2016 Challenger SXT Plus two years ago, with an extra 12,000 miles on it.

I also got $3,404 off MSRP and rebates totaling $4,000 ?

Since we all like pics, here’s a few. I’ll get more later in the week or this weekend......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
Congrats ;)

A Guy

Reactions: GSBrockman

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats ;)

A Guy
Thanks for flipping the pictures!

Our salesman took them using the daughter’s camera......and obviously was rattled after me beating him up all weekend. :laugh2:

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
That is a solid deal. If I could work that, I would upgrade myself.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Why wouldn't you be able to?

Are you secretly a dog and can't speak human tongue?
I speak human ok(ish), but I am not going to get within $1,400 of what the 2010 cost new on trade. ?

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How did you pull of 4k in rebates? Amazing.

I hope your princess will be safe in that rascal. There's a lot of trouble lurking under that hood...
Trust me.....she got the same lecture Sunday that I gave her two years ago when she received B5 Blue.

The 3.6L 305 hp V6 was/is nothing to sneeze at.

In all of the chaos at delivery, the salesman forgot to fuel up the car. I filled it up at a Shell station near home. There was one local LEO and two Kentucky State Troopers near the fuel island.

It was hilarious to watch my daughter take off in that car, both State Troopers standing there, arms folded.

She took off like there was an egg under the throttle.

I think she’s marked. >:)

As to the rebates.......it is a 2018 and it also could have been a regional thing as well.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,366 Posts
Trust me.....she got the same lecture Sunday that I gave her two years ago when she received B5 Blue.

The 3.6L 305 hp V6 was/is nothing to sneeze at.

In all of the chaos at delivery, the salesman forgot to fuel up the car. I filled it up at a Shell station near home. There was one local LEO and two Kentucky State Troopers near the fuel island.

It was hilarious to watch my daughter take off in that car, both State Troopers standing there, arms folded.

She took off like there was an egg under the throttle.

I think she’s marked. >:)

As to the rebates.......it is a 2018 and it also could have been a regional thing as well.
Ha good one. Hope she heeds her daddy's advice.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just today I received my configuration tree from....

PLMCRZY.

For the 2018 model year, it looks like it is one of 50 T/A’s produced in Yellow Jacket globally, and only one of 43 in the USA.

Attachments

Reactions: BilletTA392

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
Wow nice car for such a youngster. Just my taste, the B5 is the best color the Challener offers.

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I agree 110% on the B5 Blue statement. With that being said.....when the daughter picked this one out, she wanted to stand out of the crowd. I think she chose well. The configuration tree says a lot of the volume in Yellow Jacket....especially in the T/A trim.

Reactions: Rayzaa

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well.....today, April 28th, marks the first year of ownership of the 2018 Challenger T/A......more affectionately known as “Yeller”.

It‘s at 6,165 miles and has been absolutely perfect.

Every remote start (especially with the garage door still closed for a few seconds) still puts a grin on everyone’s face. At some time......I would like to meet some other Challenger owners with different exhaust systems, but I reallllllllly find the Active Exhaust hard to beat, even on this lowly (yet venerable) 5.7L HEMI.

Happy Birthday, Yeller!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Happy Birthday, Yeller!! :)(y)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts