Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was leaving Pizza Hut today after another DELICIOUS lunch involving lots of stuffed crust pizza (mmmmmmmmm... :yesnod:) and the lady @ the counter says "Hey, nice car you have there!"

Surprised, thinking "what a great day... a tasty lunch and now compliments on the ol' SRT-8" so I say "Ah, thank you"

She says "Yeah, you should have bought it in Yellow, because then my son would really want a ride in it!"

I didn't think much of this comment, I replied "Yellow, yeah I was almost going to buy it in yellow actually but the deal was better on the orange - not to mention orange is my favorite car colour"

THEN IT ALL FELL APART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She says "Oh, well... it would have been cooler if you had it in yellow just like the movie. Either way, it's pretty cool you have the TRANSFORMERS CAR"

:fight: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!???????????????????

Did she just refer to my beautiful Challenger as a god-awfully ugly a$$ Camaro space-ship robot lookin' thing!???

I say "My car is not a camaro, it's a Challenger"

She answers "Well it LOOKS like a Camaro"

"Looks like a CAMARO!?" ..... "LOOKS LIKE A CAMARO!??????????" .... "LIKE A CAMARO!?????????????"

I couldn't help but mutter that phrase over and over as I walked out... lunch-time ruined.

I was SO close to having the perfect day. :disgust:

:badrazz:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
She says "Yeah, you should have bought it in Yellow, because then my son would really want a ride in it!" ...
Well you could have said, "yeah, and if you looked like Megan Fox in that movie my son would really want to ride..." (you can finish that sentence).

Or you could have said, "lady if that transforming thing were really possible maybe you would be able to transform into someone with a brain".

Or you could just say thanks for the compliment and walk away.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Right after I bought mine. One of my co-workers came out to look at my ride with everyone and she said,

"What's the big deal? It's a Dodge. Not like it's a Camaro or anything."

I then let her know in front of everyone that I was pretty sure that was why she was still single. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
And yet every time I turn around I see someone with a transformers hood badge or something! They say it's not the "Camaro" one, Deceptabot or Autocon or whatever the hell it is (sorry haven't seen the movies, don't intend to), but it still makes my blood boil!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
People are people. She is not an enthusiast so comments like that can be expected.

I have people tell me ALL THE TIME when I'm riding how nice my Harley is.
Thing is, I ride a Yamaha. It used to perturb me, now I just say "thank you"
and ride on. I take the compliment as it was intended.

·
Registered
441 Posts
People are people. She is not an enthusiast so comments like that can be expected.

Get out of here with that kind of common sense, negative attitude.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
That was pretty funny reading! WTF...a Camero though..gezzzz...how old was this person!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I get Camero, some mustang (really uniformed people) alot and of course Charger...I always kindy correct them and move along

With the fast and furious '5' we will get alot of good exposure (and bad Im sure) and more recognition...on second thought, this is not always a great thing...

I think we all love the 'mystery' and rare nature of our machines, right? Like the Aston Martin of musclecars...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had a little work done on my Challenger and I was really happy with the result; then I got the paperwork. The guy wrote my car up as a 2010 Mustang! :notallthere:

On the bright side the lawsuit's going well so far! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I was at a 900 car show last summer and listened first hand to the it's only a R/T , from car guys . laughed my bag off as i took home 2nd in class.
It only matters what you think !

·
Banned
903 Posts
Well my SRT is yellow, my 5 year old grandson loves the Transformers movies and he calls my challenger the bumble bee. Hey he's 5, so I just go along with it, when he first saw it he said "kewl Pops got a bumble bee" LOL! I have had several people on the street tell me, "hey nice Charger", and I always tell them it's a Challenger not a Charger.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
i ran into this yesterday as a matter of fact...on my way to my buddy's house i pulled through the alley to get to his garage. i heard a young kid yell "nice Camaro!"

i bit my tongue

·
Registered
120 Posts
The day I came home with the car, my son was like! You got a bumblebee!!!!

Every time we see a Camaro he goes, "Look it's your car". He is now finally able to see the difference. :thumbsup: I made sure of that.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts

You must have a RoadStar or V-Star. I have a 2001 Yamaha V-Star 1100 and get those "nice Harley" compliments all the time. Funny thing,.... even from guys (and girls)on Harleys. I had someone back their car into my bike a few years back and when they replaced my tank it was debadged. My bike is black and I have some Bubs pipes installed so it sounds similar to a Harley. I always say thanks but then tell them its a Yamaha......:bigthumb:

I have not yet had anyone think my Challenger is a Camaro. A few thought it was a "new" Charger ......even a guy who was in a Charger.

Last weekend I was in Williams AZ and stopped into a Circle K. I parked right in front next to a black Camaro. This tall...(I'm short).... hot.....leggy.....blond, drink of water comes walking out just as I walking in, smiles and says "wow, you have a really nice car". I turned around and saw she was getting into the Camaro and said, you too. She winked at me started it up and roared out of the lot. I went in and bought what I needed and got back into my car. My GF was sitting there observing everything that went on. She didn't say anything for awhile. Then as I was driving down the street she said....no doubt this thing is a chick and a d*ck magnet. I just busted out laughing......:bigthumb:

Like the OP I'm not a Camaro enthusiast either....BUT.....most people do like the way they look. I'd take that as a compliment...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts