Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, the digital readout showing the outside temperature is consistently about 3-4 degrees higher than it really is. Is there a way to calibrate this thing? Thx...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Don't know about calibrations but if you look through your grill you'll see the thermbulb for the outside air reading. Out of necessity it's mounted on the radiator bulkhead so.......I'm thinking that it may always be catching a little engine compartment heat especially when at slow or no speed. Once moving the cooler outside air would hit the bulb first and the hot engine compartment air would end up exiting the car near the firewall giving you a more accurate reading. Calibrating it for slow or idle conditions would simply make it read low when the car starts moving again. Just my thoughts. I've been full of hot air before......hot air! Oh Christ I better start drinking again!

·
Super Moderator
15,563 Posts
I wouldn't base my reading on the bank signs you see along the road - those are notorious for being inaccurate.

The thing to check is make sure the temp sensor is in the right position and isn't picking up wrong readings due to incorrect positioning.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...Hal, is that something I can do (and how), or leave to the 'experts' at the dealership?

·
Super Moderator
15,563 Posts
Thanks guys...Hal, is that something I can do (and how), or leave to the 'experts' at the dealership?
I'd have to look at mine to see where the sensors are installed and postioned - I haven't had issues with mine, so I haven't had to look for it.

It matches the readout on my other car, so its been working properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts