Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am on the market for a single overhead gauge pod (going to add a boost/AFR gauge) but all the ones I see have it smack dab in the middle and I would like some room to add switches for other mods (water/meth...maybe train horn >:) ). I figured since I have a 3D printer I would make one. The design is done (nothing too fancy) and is currently printing on my Prusa. If it turns out well I will share the STL file on Thingiverse.

overhead pod.JPG

UPDATE - added a 2 gauge version as well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2528578

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am aware of that product (speedlogix is awesome BTW) but as I mentioned in my post, I am looking for one that does not have the gauge in the middle. I finished printing my version and hope to install soon and post the file so other DIY'ers can have fun tinkering as well.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I am on the market for a single overhead gauge pod (going to add a boost/AFR gauge) but all the ones I see have it smack dab in the middle and I would like some room to add switches for other mods (water/meth...maybe train horn >:) ). I figured since I have a 3D printer I would make one. The design is done (nothing too fancy) and is currently printing on my Prusa. If it turns out well I will share the STL file on Thingiverse.

View attachment 843657

UPDATE - added a 2 gauge version as well.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2528578
WOW! So someone from thingiverse just informed me that there is a ebay seller...literally a few towns over...selling an almost identical version of my gauge pod that I posted on thingiverse.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GAUGE-POD-52mm-2005-2018-CHALLENGER-CHARGER-300-MAGNUM-GRAND-CHEROKEE/132901636845

What do you think?! Only difference I see is the person added a logo and the image shown installed looks like the pod sold by Speedlogix.

Ebay seller version

My original version

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
$20, I think I spent more on nothing lol

So did you ever install the one you made?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I just contacted the seller and notified them that they are violating Thingiverse's license policy. To be honest, I really don't care but for the love of God at least change the fillets and add some more...pizzazz...to the design. Don't just slap a logo on it an call it yours...be creative and then post your design on thingiverse. :wink3:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$20, I think I spent more on nothing lol

So did you ever install the one you made?

No, I had the sunglass holder off but at the last minute I decided to go A-pillar. I am glad I did because oddly enough I use that sunglass holder. That and I did not want to run cabling up there. The A-pillar is way easier to get and an make quick wiring changes to.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Aww they took your idea? I was confused cuz the ebay link doesn't have the one you posted on here.

It has two different pictures that look nothing alike.

And only time I wear shades is at work cuz there safety glasses lol

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aww they took your idea? I was confused cuz the ebay link doesn't have the one you posted on here.

It has two different pictures that look nothing alike.

And only time I wear shades is at work cuz there safety glasses lol

That's because the seller literally pulled the images 20 minutes ago. That's why I posted a screenshot of the original add.

·
Registered
690 Posts
That's crazy but you got him/her.

Wish I had a red/blue siren emoji

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how about a phone holder? Would that even be possible?
I was thinking of designing a phone holder that goes into your cup holder...just need to find the time model it up.

Hopefully I got thru to the seller. They said they will get the proper pics up. I hope they really spruced up the design. I expect copycats from across the pond (aka Pacific) but to have one who lives in the same state and just a few towns over is disheartening. If it's someone from CT I have no ill will towards you, all I ask is for you to be original and take the design to kick arse!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,021 Posts
That's crazy but you got him/her.

Wish I had a red/blue siren emoji

A Guy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts