Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First car was a 71 Satellite. First car I drove was dad's 68 2 dr New Yorker 383.

I almost purchased a 2017 RT Shaker Plus as I wanted Contusion Blue and 6 Spd @ 37K. Got basic RT/Shaker in Yellow Jacket instead from another dealer when dealer failed to call me and the Blue was sold.

I don't regret missing out on the Blue RT plus Shaker and additional options. This Is my impression, observation etc...

I am content with not having all the options of the Plus and paying 4K less than where I started.
All I wanted was a V8 Hemi, 6 Spd, Shaker and a color I liked. I don't race, so I don't need the higher HP and insurance that goes with it. It's fun to drive and puts a smile on my face.

From what I read here the upgraded Harmon Stereo is un-impressive. The stock system is adequate. Didn't buy the car to impress anyone with music blasting. Glad I didn't pay extra for that option.
Don't need a sunroof.......have one in another car and rarely use it. Glad I didn't pay for that.
Don't have heated seats or steering wheel or power tilt. I've never had it in any other car and don't miss it. I set the steering wheel position once and done. Most have said they can barely tell the heat is on it the seats and some have had issues with it working properly over time.

I got 2 buttons, Sport Mode, and Traction Control. I got navigation in my phone. Don't need all the u connect bells and whistles as I don't mess with my phone while driving other than to accept an occasional call.

Point being........The more options you have, the more malfunctions, repairs etc.
My assessment is if you want a muscle car save your money on the bells and whistles and pay for the motor you want with minimal options.
If you want high tech bells and whistles get a BMW, Caddy Coupe or similar.

Then trade it in every 4-5 years before the rocker panels rot off of it.

·
Registered
2018 SRT 392
232 Posts
First car was a 71 Satellite. First car I drove was dad's 68 2 dr New Yorker 383.

I almost purchased a 2017 RT Shaker Plus as I wanted Contusion Blue and 6 Spd @ 37K. Got basic RT/Shaker in Yellow Jacket instead from another dealer when dealer failed to call me and the Blue was sold.

I don't regret missing out on the Blue RT plus Shaker and additional options. This Is my impression, observation etc...

I am content with not having all the options of the Plus and paying 4K less than where I started.
All I wanted was a V8 Hemi, 6 Spd, Shaker and a color I liked. I don't race, so I don't need the higher HP and insurance that goes with it. It's fun to drive and puts a smile on my face.

From what I read here the upgraded Harmon Stereo is un-impressive. The stock system is adequate. Didn't buy the car to impress anyone with music blasting. Glad I didn't pay extra for that option.
Don't need a sunroof.......have one in another car and rarely use it. Glad I didn't pay for that.
Don't have heated seats or steering wheel or power tilt. I've never had it in any other car and don't miss it. I set the steering wheel position once and done. Most have said they can barely tell the heat is on it the seats and some have had issues with it working properly over time.

I got 2 buttons, Sport Mode, and Traction Control. I got navigation in my phone. Don't need all the u connect bells and whistles as I don't mess with my phone while driving other than to accept an occasional call.

Point being........The more options you have, the more malfunctions, repairs etc.
My assessment is if you want a muscle car save your money on the bells and whistles and pay for the motor you want with minimal options.
If you want high tech bells and whistles get a BMW, Caddy Coupe or similar.

Then trade it in every 4-5 years before the rocker panels rot off of it.
You seem happy with your purchase,good luck..:laugh2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree with not having heated seats on the challenger.

Heated seats are must for yearly driver cars, like my Jeep Liberty. When you have to get in your car with it's 0-10F outside, heated seats make life so much better for the first 5 minutes of the drive.

But for a challenger, which doesn't need to be on the road when there's snow outside, there's no point to me. Agree about the sunroof, get it out! And extra 80lbs that's unnecessary.

The super track pack and the driver convenience group seem like worthwhile additions though.

When I rented a Charger R/T, I could never get used to the touch screen. I wish it could mirror my iphone, as opposed to forcing me into a different UI that's very crummy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts