Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P/S pump went looking for upgrade/fix

My powersteering pump gave out and blew the high pressure line after one autocross run haha already installed an AN line but now im not sure what do with the pump. i know its a common problem but whats the fix? i saw somewhere that people are trying to run 2011+ pumps but it seems pricey. Also read underdrive pullies are helping? So what are the people that drive these cars hard doing to fix the issue and where are you guys ordering from?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Lots of people use the Police Interceptor trans, brake, and oil coolers. Come to think of it, on the street alone the oil is the only thing I haven't overheated. I've done the brakes and trans. I would look into the Interceptor coolers. Also, what engine and transmission do you have?

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
its an 09 srt8 with the 6.1. i dont think heat was the issue though it was only one 40 second run when it went
Yeah I'd be blown away if head was the problem. Keep us posted. I'd love to know what's going on.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
taken out of context and read just as it is, this is the funniest post I have read today.

Ron
LOL damn you autocorrect! These apple products are killing me with this.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
371 Posts
I probably did two dozen autocross events on my 2010 R/T without an issue. I put the Joelvan underdrive pulley on more in preparation for future track day sessions. The P/S pump going so easily like that would make me want to have a mechanic check to see if something else is amiss.

From what I remember, a 2011+ electric P/S pump won't work without excessive fabrication, wiring and money. I don't think there are any aftermarket options either.

Consider looking in MattRobertson's FrankenCooler thread for information on the cylindrical tube-and-fin heat sink P/S auxiliary cooler. Just another option to keep pre-2011 belt-driven P/S pumps cool under hard use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts