Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed srt8 manifolds and magnaflow cats on my r/t a few weeks ago, and am getting codes p013a and p013c i know they have to do with the post cat o2 sensors. i have looked more than once for exhaust leaks but cant seem to find any. does anyone know how to fix this? are o2 sensors damaged easily? maybe i broke them, i did hit the wrench with a hammer to remove them.

any info you guys have would be great thanks
Rob

·
Banned
262 Posts
i installed srt8 manifolds and magnaflow cats on my r/t a few weeks ago, and am getting codes p013a and p013c i know they have to do with the post cat o2 sensors. i have looked more than once for exhaust leaks but cant seem to find any. does anyone know how to fix this? are o2 sensors damaged easily? maybe i broke them, i did hit the wrench with a hammer to remove them.

any info you guys have would be great thanks
Rob
Its common to get those codes with the high flow cats,I also got the same codes.

Search for the antifouler mod,or get a custom tune to disable the rear o2 sensors,however you will not pass emissions test with the sensors turned off.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
i get P0139 and P0159 for O2 circuit slow response bank 1 and bank 2 a lot. but i havent got that in a while. crossing fingers

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rob,I am interested in your mod,what all was required to add the SRT manifolds? I was told by several Chrysler techs that the 5.7 couldnt use the 6.1 exhaust manifolds with out a lot of machine work? What did you find? thanks

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its common to get those codes with the high flow cats,I also got the same codes.

Search for the antifouler mod,or get a custom tune to disable the rear o2 sensors,however you will not pass emissions test with the sensors turned off.
i have the antifouler mod and am still getting codes, i also have to pass emissions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob,I am interested in your mod,what all was required to add the SRT manifolds? I was told by several Chrysler techs that the 5.7 couldnt use the 6.1 exhaust manifolds with out a lot of machine work? What did you find? thanks
he was refering to the older 5.7. the new ones bolt right up. u do have to modify you oil dip stick or get one from an srt8. as well as srt8 head bolts. the car runs great with the headers on.

·
Banned
262 Posts
i have the antifouler mod and am still getting codes, i also have to pass emissions.

The mod doesnt work for every one.You could try using differnt amounts of steel wool and stacking two or three antifoulers.A few members on the forum have tryed this expensive antifouler with good results.

O2 Simulator Mini Cat Cel Fix

As for passing emissions you have to get the cel cleared and complete a few drive cycles to get the computer in a ready state before tripping any codes.Turn the key to the run postion and check if the cel is NOT blinking.If its blinking you will fail.

You may never get the antifouler mod to not set of the cel,however if you can prolong it from comming on long enough to pass the emissions test.Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts