Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Challenger rt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2010 RT 6 speed and this morning driving on highway all of a sudden check engine came on and flashed for a few seconds and went off. So after pulling into parking lot hooked up my portable scanner and got p0300 code. Does anybody know what's causing it or simple fix for this ?
I have over 305000 miles and I've never had any problem with engine except p0420 popping up every 2 to 3 months for couple of years but I never replaced converter. Can this be causing p0300 code now ?

·
Registered
116 Posts
code is random misfires. From what I just read it can be caused by dirty MAF (mass air flow) sensor located in air intake tube. CRC makes a spray cleaner to clean it. Could be bad or short in wires.

·
Registered
21 Posts
P0300 is Random Misfire so it can be just about anything with the ignition, air, fuel systems. If one thing is off the computer catches it as its doing its checks and throws the code.

Start looking at your plugs, coils, fuel injectors, MAF, air filter, O2 plugs, Camshaft poisition/Crankshaft sensor.

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
The Hemi engine does not have a MAF. Instead, it has a IAT (Intake Air Temperature sensor).

An OBD-II trouble code can indicate the a problem with a variety of faulty components:

Plug wires
Coil pack
Oxygen sensor
Fuel injector
Burned exhaust valve
Catalytic convertor
EGR valve
Camshaft position sensor
Computer
Vacuum leak in intake manifold or unmetered air

·
Registered
2016 R/T
104 Posts
I have 2010 RT 6 speed and this morning driving on highway all of a sudden check engine came on and flashed for a few seconds and went off. So after pulling into parking lot hooked up my portable scanner and got p0300 code. Does anybody know what's causing it or simple fix for this ?
I have over 305000 miles and I've never had any problem with engine except p0420 popping up every 2 to 3 months for couple of years but I never replaced converter. Can this be causing p0300 code now ?
did you miss type or is that 305,000 miles?....if that's true is it your DD?...and what kind of general care do you give it?

·
Registered
2010 Challenger rt
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you miss type or is that 305,000 miles?....if that's true is it your DD?...and what kind of general care do you give it?
I bought it new in 2010 and got 306,877 miles as of today and I do drive almost everyday on highway mostly. I just do basic oil change with regular oil every 6000 ,spark plugs and trans fluid 70,000 miles.
Replaced water pump twice and front throw out bearing around 200,000 miles and last year two front upper control arms and lower control arms with ball joint.
By the way, I drove another 200 miles and engine light didn't come back on so just hoping it was just one time thing because the engine still runs and sounds good.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I bought it new in 2010 and got 306,877 miles as of today and I do drive almost everyday on highway mostly. I just do basic oil change with regular oil every 6000 ,spark plugs and trans fluid 70,000 miles.
Replaced water pump twice and front throw out bearing around 200,000 miles and last year two front upper control arms and lower control arms with ball joint.
By the way, I drove another 200 miles and engine light didn't come back on so just hoping it was just one time thing because the engine still runs and sounds good.
Just wanted to post and say, holy crap...That is a lot of miles! If there is a record, I am pretty sure you have it.

Reactions: dumont40
1 - 7 of 7 Posts