Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just bought a 2014 SRT8 core 100 miles new.today check engine lite on.i scan code P0606 pcm processor fault.cleared code for now,any thoughts.cars bran new

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Have the same problem with my newly received 2014 SRT8 Cahllenger

Greetings from Bangkok, Thailand. I just received my vehicle after a very long transport wait. Bought it in Germany via encs.com (Diplomatic sale) and had it received buy a colleague after leaving the country in June to prepare for my next tour. Finally got it Nov 12 with the engine light on. He advised back in June with the text below:

"OK, so I ran the procedure to display stored trouble codes, i did not erase them. the car shows a stored trouble code of P0606 PCM Processor Fault. So i googled "srt8 p0606" and I came up with a recall."

"12/10/13
recall TSB#18-053-13
Flash: MIL Illumination P0606- Internal Control Processor."

So, now I'm in Thailand with no Dodge dealer and after contacting Dodge via instant chat an international service team member contact me by e-mail. Not very assuring. I'll follow up when I have more information. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used the code scanner and cleared the code which turned off the light.i was going to wait till the light came back on and then bring it to a dealer.but the problem never came back.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Thanks for the information. I've contacted a Dodge service manager back in the US hoping for actionable direction; aside from stating I was in the worst possible position, he gave me the Dodge customer care number. After speaking with several people they I again was directed to contact an international service agent. I called and immediately reached a message recorder. So full circle; right where I started. Hope she contacts soon.

At this point I'll wait to speak with the agent and see what resolve is offered and look into purchasing a tuner/code scanner to clear the code as you have shared.

The sysmptom/condition detailed in the service bulletin dated 10DEC13, which was the exact build date of my vehicle, states " A small number of customers may experience a MIL illumination....with a DTC of P0606.

The repair procedure is to reflash withe PCM with latest software and then clear any DTCs that may have been set in other modules due to reprogramming. The wiTech application will automatically preset all DTCs after the flash and allow the tech to clear them.

So, although the MIL is anoying, at this point doesn't seem critical. The risk is that until it is resolved it may mask more critical DTCs.

Delivery in Bangkok picture.

Thanks again for your reply.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts