Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed mount on color shift halos on my 2020 scat pack, check engine light came on and code p0620 popped up!
notice difference in power, it’s a 6speed manual. I disconnected the battery andthe code and check engine light disappeared! Still notice a difference in the gear ratio/ power!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,781 Posts
Hmm, have you tried disconnecting the halos to see if things go back to normal? BTW another member contacted be about weird things happening to his sidemarkers (same happened to me) a month after he installed aftermarket halos. These 2015+ models don't seem to like extra loads as most lighting is driven by the BCM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, have you tried disconnecting the halos to see if things go back to normal? BTW another member contacted be about weird things happening to his sidemarkers (same happened to me) a month after he installed aftermarket halos. These 2015+ models don't seem to like extra loads as most lighting is driven by the BCM.
It’s going to the dealership tomorrow, see if they can find the problem. Those surface mount halos has there own wiring harness. There only getting power, that’s it. I turn them on and off through my phone.
I called Oracle and they told me they never heard of thathappening before, and they sell a ton for thatmodel car..
That shouldn’t void any warranty’s right? I only got 2900 miles on it! Ughhh lol

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Unhook the halos before dropping off at the dealership. Otherwise they could just point the finger at them and say, “not our fault!”

your warranty isn’t voided from the halo installation, but any warranty work on the electrical system can be declined because of the modifications done to the electrical system.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,781 Posts
I called Oracle and they told me they never heard of that happening before, and they sell a ton for that model car..
Yeah, well that is what the vendor that sold me my halo said to and I confirmed...at least on my 2015 Challenger any extra load on the sidemarker line will cause them to intermittently drop out. Although in your case, having a P0620 code might have nothing to do with the halos, provided you did not have to splice any connections or disconnect anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, well that is what the vendor that sold me my halo said to and I confirmed...at least on my 2015 Challenger any extra load on the sidemarker line will cause them to intermittently drop out. Although in your case, having a P0620 code might have nothing to do with the halos, provided you did not have to splice any connections or disconnect anything.
I have led side markers too, install them 2 weeks ago

U think that’s the problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts