Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 srt8 yellow jacket 6.4L A5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know a good place to start on this the car will not start unless asd relay in the fuse box under the hood us jumped I also have a missfire p0304 but I need the asd fixed first

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,579 Posts
What is the age/condition of the car’s battery?

Have you replaced the ASD relay yet?

Have their been any recent mods installed that might be working against you behind the scenes here?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brand new battery and nee relay it's something telling the relay to not switch cause if I manually switch it the car fires right up

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,702 Posts
Any one know a good place to start on this the car will not start unless asd relay in the fuse box under the hood us jumped I also have a missfire p0304 but I need the asd fixed first
P0685 and P0688 appear to have some common fault causes.

The following links may provide you with some help:

From reading the info at the links finding the cause and fixing it may not be quite within the scope of a DIYer.

But read the info at the links to get an idea of what you might up against.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i fixed it already it was a fuseabale link in the wire harness 1 down 1 to go p0304 missfire and car is making a knocking I think my rod bearings are toast

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,702 Posts
Thanks i fixed it already it was a fuseabale link in the wire harness 1 down 1 to go p0304 missfire and car is making a knocking I think my rod bearings are toast
An oil sample sent out for analysis can be a good idea. If it comes back with a high bearing metal PPM that's a sign a bearing may be gone.

You can even drop the pan. Any metal you find in the bottom of the pan may or may not be due to a failed rod bearing. Depends. A bit of metal swarf probably not. But large piece or 3 of bearing shell metal.. Oh oh.

Anyhow, you can drop the pan and with the plugs removed crank the engine until the suspected rod is visible and have a helper rotate the engine back and forth just enough to see if the suspected rod has any signs of excessive play. You have all the other supposedly healthy rods to use for comparison.

I'd advise you to not run the engine any but I wonder what the hot idle oil pressure was? With a bad rod bearing this might have the hot idle oil pressure down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts