Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys got some photos for you. Under a large load my car goes into limp mode. Got a better ODB2 that records conditions. So intermittently, I have the BAS ESP come on. I narrowed it down to a speed sensor. Will go to the dealer to figure out which one. My eye is looking at the ACC pedal it's at 8.6%?

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes lol p0730, I've read a bunch on it till I'm blue, thank you for the links! Just was hopping someone could look at the stats and see something funny.

·
Super Moderator
14,943 Posts
I had the same thing happen with my 2009 SRT. After I replaced the speed sensor the issue was resolved.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,676 Posts
Well, regarding the Pedal D position...

PID (parameter ID) 49 (hex). Min value: 0%; Max value 100%; Scaling/Bit: 100/255 %; External Test equipment: SI (Metric) / English display: APP_D: xxx.x%

I note in the pic the display is ACC Pedal D. There is the possibility what is shown in the pic is not the PID 49 (hex) APP_D data. I checked my OBD2 references and there is nothing else though that I see the ACC Pedal D could be associated with. Now it could be a Chrysler/Dodge specific data item obtained under a manufacturer controlled PID.

But to carry on...

Accelerator Pedal Position D, if utilized by the control module, (not "relative" or "learned" pedal position) shall be displayed as a normalized value, scaled from 0 to 100 %. For example, if a 0 to 5.0 volt sensor is used (uses a 5.0 volt reference voltage), and the closed-pedal position is 1.0 volt, APP_D shall display (1.0/5.0) = 20% at closed pedal and 50% at 2.5 volts. Pedal position at idle will usually indicate greater than 0%, and pedal position at wide-open pedal will usually indicate less than 100%.

For systems where the output is proportional to the input voltage, this value is the percent of maximum input reference voltage. For systems where the output is inversely proportional to the input voltage, this value is 100% minus the percentage of the maximum input reference voltage.

The designation "D" shall match the diagnostic trouble code defined in SA3 J2012. If additional DTCs are defined, those should match this PID designation. Pedal sensor designations are D, E, and F.

All from page 436 of the SAE International On-Board Diagnostics for Light and Medium Duty Vehicles Standards Manual, 2010 Edition. (I grant you 2010 is 9 years old. In this reference PIDs 80 (hex) to FF (hex) are reserved.

What's it all mean, Alfie? Don't know.

Generally I monitor these values over time under certain conditions and from this derive what's going on. So assuming when you took the pic you had your foot in the pedal hard take another pic with little to no pedal input and see what the reading is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts