Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I was driving home from TN back to Ohio last week when i got stuck in traffic jam. After about 10 min of sitting my check engine light came on. I shut the car off and checked underhood but didnt see anything. I started it back up and drove home with the light still on. I stopped 2 times on the rest of the trip and the last time i started it the light was off. When i arrived back home i checked for codes and got a P1524 solenoid circuit. Car runs fine and light is still off. Any thoughts?

·
Banned
22 Posts
P1524- OIL PRESSURE OUT OF RANGE - CAMSHAFT ADVANCE/RETARD DISABLED

Theory of Operation

For the VCT to enable, the oil pressure has to be approximately 42 psi. For the VCT to remain enabled the engine oil pressure can not drop below 31psi.

• When Monitored: Engine running. RPM greater than or equal to 1100. Oil temperature less than or equal to 100° C (212° F)
  • Set Condition: The engine oil pressure never reaches the calibrated specification to allow the VCT activation. One trip fault.

Possible Causes

ENGINE OIL/ENGINE MECHANICAL (G6) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO VOLTAGE (G6) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (G6) ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR SIGNAL CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE (F855) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND (F855) 5-VOLT SUPPLY CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE (K900) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT HIGH RESISTANCE ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SENSOR POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

·
Banned
22 Posts
If you have a predator, monitor your oil pressure. If you live in a very warm climate, consider switching to a thicker oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car was idling so i doubt the rpm would have been in the 1100 range. Could this still have been the cause?
Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
22 Posts
You were over 1100 rpm at some point. Like I said, take a Predator and examine what the car is seeing as far as oil pressure goes. That will take the guesswork out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts