1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,694 Posts
Searching finds:

P1DD2 is Torque Request Signal Denied

------------------------------------------

The P1DD2 code is set when the PCM detects an incorrect CAN ID from the TCM.

Possible causes can be the following:
BCM CAN BUS DTC's PRESENT
PCM DTC's PRESENT
TCM - INTERNAL ERROR

-------------------------------------------

P1DD2 seems to often be accompanied by a P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor code

Seems to be a dealer specific code which they can read. Sometimes linked to PCM/TCM

Do you have a symptom? Any accompaning codes?

A Guy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the other night while driving home the check engine came on and a message "service electronic throttle control" began to flicker on my dash. eventually a few minutes later the car went into limp mode. I was able to pull to the side and turn the car off and back on and I was able to drive home. The next day, as soon as I plugged my OBD II reader to the OBD II port to read the DTC codes, The check engine light turned off. The only stored code I have is the P1DD2. No permanent code nor pending codes. The car is driving fine now, as if nothing ever happened.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I hate to tell anyone to clear the codes and see if it returns ...but that is what I would do.

I have had on 3 occasions, random codes come up for no reason, at least that I could find. 2 were for the EVAP system about a year apart, absolutely nothing wrong with the system, cleared the codes both times and didnt come back (for a year and now 2 years since the last). The other code was for lost communication with the TCM. It occurred AFTER a run down the drag, not during.Car went into limp mode and after I pulled the code, I cleared it so I could drive home (about an hour away, thankfully I brought that scanner). No issues with it since.

Sometimes strange things happen. If you are saying that it is driving fine now, save the code and just see if it returns. Computers glitch.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Has anyone had or heard of what DTC code P1DD2 is?
This is gonna be one of these 3 components:

Throttle body
Accelerator Pedal Assembly
ECM

Limp mode is nasty and will leave you stranded if the ECM can't clear the condition. It could also hit you in a busy area or during a turn and get you killed.

It likely isn't the ECM, so I would suspect the throttle body (built in TPS).

If you look deeply enough, you would likely also have U1424 which is IMPLAUSIBLE ENGINE TORQUE RECEIVED. This is limp mode.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Searching finds:

P1DD2 is Torque Request Signal Denied

------------------------------------------

The P1DD2 code is set when the PCM detects an incorrect CAN ID from the TCM.

Possible causes can be the following:
BCM CAN BUS DTC's PRESENT
PCM DTC's PRESENT
TCM - INTERNAL ERROR

-------------------------------------------

P1DD2 seems to often be accompanied by a P0344 Camshaft Position Sensor code

Seems to be a dealer specific code which they can read. Sometimes linked to PCM/TCM

Do you have a symptom? Any accompaning codes?

A Guy
I started getting weird codes like this in my 05 Cummins right before camshaft sensor went bad. Replaced sensor all is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts