Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the above size tire (Pilot Sport 3+) to replace my F1’s (P245/45-20) on my 13 R/T.
What pressures are you running with this size tire on the stock wheel?

Thanks

·
Registered
788 Posts
You'll be good at the same stock 32 psi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 72.
I will still do a chalk test but I will start with the 32psi. Knowing this will start me in the ballpark
👍

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
Looks like the new tires have a 101 load rating so 1819 lbs vs the stock 99 of 1709 lbs, so you could probably run 30 psi or even less for a smoother ride if you don't push it or ride around at max gross weight.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
The Load and Inflation Tables are your friends....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My current 245’s show more wear in the middle after running 33-34psi. So 30’ish sounds about right for the larger tire👍

Thanks again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked them and they are tight.👍
I am going to test 32 front and 31 rear tomorrow. Then I may drop them to 30 for another test the next day.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I test drove the 32psi front and the 31psi rear with the P255’s. That was much smoother than the 38/39psi from the tire dealer.
I may drop it down again to 30/29 tonight for tomorrow’s drive to work.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Today I tested 30psi front and 29psi rear on the P255's. Still felt good around corners, and on the highway at 75mph, and the bumps feel comfortable. So I did a chalk test and they both look good. It almost looks like the rears could go down a psi or two. But this is with no one in the car.
Thanks again!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Yo7_A66
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing