Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very important for everyone to see and read that has recently purchased PAC racing 1518 valve springs not only from me but from anyone in the last 2 months.

We are aware of a mfr defect that has affected 4 sets of heads in the last 2 weeks. We are advising anyone who has purchased these springs from others to discuss with them whether or not you should swap them over.

These look like the same spring but believe it or not these are two seperate failuers.

All of our affected customers have already been contacted so if you have not heard from us, your have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Arghhh, I just had a set of PAC springs installed in my 6.1 last Friday.

Sheesh. Will look into it- thanks Andy for the info.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Andy--

PAC-1218's
Batch # 37876, fabbed 2/4/11
approx 150 miles on them

Crossing my fingers- am good to go here?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Andy, I am thinking you have checked the ones you used on mine and they are OK??? SHR will be starting on mine late this week or early next so we have a short window to get the replacements in if necessary. I was out of town last week when this story broke, but I am guessing I am OK since I didn't hear from you.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Andy, I am thinking you have checked the ones you used on mine and they are OK??? SHR will be starting on mine late this week or early next so we have a short window to get the replacements in if necessary. I was out of town last week when this story broke, but I am guessing I am OK since I didn't hear from you.

x2 ^^^^^^^

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is very important for everyone to see and read that has recently purchased PAC racing 1518 valve springs not only from me but from anyone in the last 2 months.

We are aware of a mfr defect that has affected 4 sets of heads in the last 2 weeks. We are advising anyone who has purchased these springs from others to discuss with them whether or not you should swap them over.

All of our affected customers have already been contacted so if you have not heard from us, your have nothing to worry about.
x2 ^^^^^^^
I highlighted some points above. You both received your heads last year and neither of you have been contacted. That doesnt mean your springs are indestructable, it just means they do not have the mfr defect.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Thanks for sharing with everyone Andy... good to hear that Chuck and John are good to go more 6 speed brothers :guiness:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
So what happens if they go south?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The three sets that I have seen bent the valve and knicked the piston. The valve was replaced, the guide was replaced and everything was fine. I seriously doubt PAC will help with broken parts as a result of a spring failure but I guess anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Dam PWR with that being the case it would be wise to change them just for piece of mind. If I didn't I would always be worrying about snap crackle and Pop!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats up to them, but they are just as affected as someone with Manley springs. It would be like all Chargers being recalled and Challenger owners selling their car to be safe. They have 1218's which are not the affected springs, but anything is possible.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Modern muscle just did my heads with 1518 and they are sitting here waiting to go on the car. Dave warned me that there had been some spring failures. Do we know the bad batches?

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Mine were part of the bad batch. I guess I should feel lucky I found out before they went on the car. Thanks for letting us know. You probably saved me a short block

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.