Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whats the problem? Haven't gotten any feed back good or bad? Need help posting START UP video if anyone doesn't mind lending a hand?!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Nobody cares.....Naw just kidding, pretty good looking. How long was the install? Getting a tune for them?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL! I was feeling lonely! They took just over 3 hrs to install. No issues at all. Very happy with product!!! I am going back to the track this coming Saturday to do a back to back comparison from Saturday before last with no mods at all. 13.75 @ 103.2 backed up with a 13.67 @ 103.8. Factory 235 55 18's ... getting outta the is the issue! Taking a new set of 305 45 18 MT's to put on the car after I make a couple factory radial runs! Car is much more responsive and definately faster...down low on the street it's just hammering the tires so I can only make my comparisons in upper gears. Car has 16,600 miles now...let the fun begin!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Looks like a good fit. How does it sound now?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya...the fit is perfect! Sounds good...definately louder. I still have the factory mufflers and resonators on. After the track this Saturday I will be removing the resonators and go back to the track the following weekend! I will be putting Flowmasters on after that with custom 3" tailpipes and that will complete the exhaust testing. The pipes will exit behind the rear tires and the rear exhaust facia will be trimmed to nearly gone!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, and btw bear...no programmer or tuning at all yet! Predator is in the box for now until I have completed the exhaust testing. Letting the factory computer do its job!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Not bad install time. Those long tubes are great for that low torque! I'm doing similar very soon here, going with shortys and catless mids, then catback and custom tune. Local track just opened here so I'll be there plenty!

Your CEL hasn't come on with the headers? I've heard that's guaranteed to happen when you throw on long tubes.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
3 hours?? ? wtf???? it took me two days. But I didnt have the benefit of a lift OR a second set of hands. I got to cuss a lot though.

I cant wait to see the outcome at the track.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya...there was a second set of hands when needed and obviously a lift is a major benefit. Set the pipe jack under the engine, remove the engine mounts and get to work!

I got a light at start up and then during the drive home. Was off all off the next day, then back on now! Not concerned at this point! Car runs great! Just want to see performance gains w/o any mods to computer first.

Does anyone know how to post a video? I have it on my FB page. Not sure how to get it on here though. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
you'll get the light because you have no cats. If you get a predtor or a trinity, the tune shuts off the rear O2 sensor so most of the lights are gone.

i needed to do the front o2 antifouler trick with steel wool and the light is off most of the time.

I never thought of removing the engine mounts. The bolts that were hard as hell to get to were the top middle passenger side bolts and those were hard because the header pipes block them pretty well from the bottom and its imposible to come down from the top (although removing the alternator helped me some). i guess the engine mount could have been in the way now that I think about it

·
Registered
752 Posts

aar - I thought the codes were for the rear o2 sensors. With the Diablosport stuff they cannot shut them off on the newer cars.

No cats, Flowmaters and no resonators - your gunna drone like HELL !!!!!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Well, the codes from headers can be both front and rear o2 sensors.

He has no cats so the rear o2 sensrs are reading raw exhaust so it will throw a code that says his cats are bad.

The front o2 sensors are further back from the engine so the exhaust is a little cooler and I believe that throws a code as well for slow response. not everyone gets that though. i did misspeak above and say the fronto2s use the antifoulers. its the rears. I'll edit that post...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have got the Predator in the box! I am just attempting to get real world comparisons from individual parts changing with out the help of any tuning until unable to do so. There is NO lag in vehicles response! It is exactly opposite and weather permitting I will have figures to back this come Sat nite! After all my bolt on mods are completed I will then track tune with the Predator to optomize performance and remove DTC's!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, and as far as the drone...it's kinda to be expected! Flows are the only muffler that has got the idle and under power sound I am going for though! I had Magnaflows on my 06 Charger RT and loved em. Just more of a European sound than I want with this one! They kinda go with the overall theme I am shooting for! If you have seen the wheels I am going to run along with the other asthetic mods I am making it all makes since! Old School "Trans AM Racing", Muscle Car, Street Machine! LOL!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Scott! I have got the video on youtube now! I just am not sure how to attach it as a link or video here?! I have been working on cars a long time! Not computers, although its frustrating sometimes its fun after you learn new things! Your help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
i believe this is your video.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
vtodd, you're awesome! Now if you could tell me how you did that! LOL!
haha no prob lance. all you need to do is copy the link in the "share" area of youtube and paste it into the response dialogue on the forum and it will appear as a video when you submit.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts