Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tricks on how to push the 6 pistons back on Brembos? I have seen videos but at a loss on the right way of pushing those pistons back in as what I see on videos appears to be wrong. Some just use their fingers, others bang those suckers. I appreciate the help.
Suggestions on pads to use?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just put Power Stops on my 2019 wide body. Could not stand the brake dust on the rims every time I took the car out. My car only has 1100 miles on it so the pistons were not out very far . I just used the old pad and pushed on the top and bottom edges and the old pads slid out and slid the new pads in. Drove like 30 miles and so far no dust at all.

·
Registered
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
423 Posts
A C-clamp should do the trick.....

·
Registered
13,731 Posts
No clamp needed for me, use the existing pad for leverage if needed. These race brakes super easy and fast for pad changes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I cannot believe how well the Power Stop pads eliminate the brake dust. I drove 80 miles on Sunday to a car show and not a trace of dust. If I still had the factory pads on I would have had to stop half way to the show to clean the wheels. :):):):):)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,589 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yup!! That's about right!!

I love my Brembos. They work really well........but the truth be told the price tag attatched was/is CRAZY.

NO reason at all why the big car companies can't make their own "Big Brake" option packages ....... I have a 40+ year old car in the garage next to my Challenger that originally came with GREAT brakes. 4 piston calipers on all 4 wheels at a time when that was unheard of for most all cars and trucks. Delco was the manufacturer and owned by GM so no crazy ass mark up was required on them to put 'em on the car.

Today Dodge, GM, Ford and everyone else of size COULD easily produce a brake package every bit as impressive or even more so than Brembo does today.........but......... it wouldn't have the name recognition and flashy "must have" look that so many buyers prioritize today behind a wheel you can easily see through.

I want the best brakes and honestly I couldn't give a rat's behind about the word "Brembo" em-blazed on 'em........I only wish enough people agreed with me so that Dodge could have felt comfortable and confident in the idea of putting a cheaper to produce yet every bit as good brake on each wheel of it's performance models.

Glad I've got 'em......they work great......but I still cringe at the thought of what they did to the price we have to pay to buy the cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts