Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2015 Challenger SXT Plus and have been experiencing a weird problem lately. This started shortly after I installed an update for the infotainment and other systems that Dodge sent out to my car.

I first noticed it when I was having some fun on a local backroad. I went to upshift with the paddles, but for some reason the car downshifted. At first I thought I must have bumped the downshift paddle and brushed it off. However, over the last 2 weeks, I kept noticing it happen over and over. I would upshift with the paddles and the car would downshift.

I did a little test to confirm my suspicions. I slowly pulled the upshift paddle while driving (My other hand was in my lap, nowhere near the downshift paddle) and sure enough, the car went from 4th to 3rd. Just to confirm it wasn't a one time thing, I went ahead and started cruising in 8th and was able to downshift through all the gears only using the upshift paddle.

The weird thing is though, If I pull the paddle fast enough, it will upshift like normal.

I will be taking my car into the dealer soon to get it checked but I just wanted to share this and see if anyone else has experienced similar problems and what might be causing it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts