Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my brake calipers color match painted. Anyone have this done?
Did you do it yourself, and how? Or did you have it done, where, and how much was it? How does it look?
Thanks so much

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
If you have 20" wheels, painting the calipers can be done without removing the wheels. Just take your time, plenty of masking tape and paper, slightly roll the the car a couple of times on each wheel, a couple of sizes of foam paint brushes, hi temp paint. You will be very happy with the results!!

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,119 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
if you want it paint match your either going to have to have some paint made up into a spray can for you. or go to a body shop unless you have your own gun. id suggest pulling the entire caliper off your car so you can spray the whole caliper front and back. if youve been driving the car its likely the caliper could have some surface rust in spots and you need to get rid of that before you go painting it. although from the pic the challengers calipers look pretty smooth, if found taking a good sander to the calipers can make them a bit smoother then stock and look a bit nicer once painted.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Hey Blue R/T, where did you get the "Challenger" decal and can it handle the high temp and brake fluids? Thanks

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm a little worried about buying the cheaper kit with the premade colors. How do I know if the purple will compliment the plum crazy? I'd rather not spend $100 bucks for the custom match kit.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I'm a little worried about buying the cheaper kit with the premade colors. How do I know if the purple will compliment the plum crazy? I'd rather not spend $100 bucks for the custom match kit.
Just received my G2 kit in PCP. I should be doing this next week/weekend and will be posting pictures in regards to how well the color matches.

With that said, I believe several others have used the kit in PCP and may already have pictures posted, just need find them.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Well two weeks turned into 3 months, mostly because of the head down here in FL. The G2 kits specifically states a temperature range you need to be in.

I would say the PCP is almost spot on, I still have 6 more hours to be within their 24 hour dry time.

Don't mind the dust, I'm afraid to wash her while the caliper brake paint is still drying.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great Rudedog. Thanks so much for posting the pics. Still can't decide what I want to do with mine. I have the red Brembos, but I have kind of gotten used to them, so I'm undecided, but it helps a lot to see the right color in application :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts