Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my 2012 black challenger SRT today and noticed a whole bunch of little rock chips in the paint on the front fender just behind the tire. The tires F1 s are to wide for the fenders and must be throwing little rocks at my paint. Do they make a decent looking mud/rock guard for our cars. Maybe even some kind of film to go on that part of the fender to protect the paint.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd guess your choices would be rpi stealth splash guards or possibly 3m clear bra behind the wheels. Some with black cars have sprayed plasti dip in place to protect a bit as well.

Best of luck
Jay

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
splash guards and Dr. Colorchip

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have splash guards or 3M film on their lower front fenders. Pics please if you do thanks.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
This is something I wish I would have done right after I bought my car, the film...not the mudflaps that is.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the RPI ones. I know its in the shade, but do you really notice them? 14,000 miles, not a single chip.

Edit: Another angle, but in the sun:

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Anyone have splash guards or 3M film on their lower front fenders. Pics please if you do thanks.
I brought and had the dealer put the RPI ones on when my factory ordered 13 SRT came in. It had them on for the PDI drive (of course I went with the mechanic). I also barely drove the car until the 3M got put on the full front and rockers (bottom 8"). Sorry no pics at the moment. :canada:

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the RPI ones. I know its in the shade, but do you really notice them? 14,000 miles, not a single chip.

Edit: Another angle, but in the sun:

I can hardly see them. Where did you buy them if its not from one of our supporting venders please PM me the information. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts