Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually it's more of a body issue. I was curious if anyone had any paint problems where Chrysler did a repaint. I took delivery of my b-5 Challenger about a month ago and when I pulled it into the garage I noticed a small ding in the hood while looking at the car under the fluorescent lighting. I emailed the dealer and they have a guy who does the paintless ding repair come out but had to wait until yesterday as he was out of town. Long story short he couldn't get to the bottom side of the ding because something was in the way. The ding is pushed up and enclosed underneath so it must have came from the factory in this condition. The dealer is checking with Chrysler right now to see what they will do. Anyone have any issues like this? What did they do to remedy? Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So the dealer emailed saying Chrysler authorized a repaint of the hood. I had also asked that the hood be replaced but this was not authorized. I placed a call to Dodge so will see what they say. Being a Chrysler employee this is frustrating. The ultimate goal of the new WCM processes being implemented is finding the root cause of problems and putting countermeasures in place to keep them from happening again. I asked the gentleman on the hotline if they contact the assembly plants to inform them of the issues and he said they didn't. I am hoping somebody does.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, I had more of a paint issue, hit a dog coming home one night on the highway damaging the bumper cover, radiator, air condition condenser, etc. About $3,000 worth, brought it to the dealer where I purchased it for repair. They called and said it would be another week, they were having trouble matching the paint. When they said it was ready went to pick it up and the match is several shades off after spraying it a second time and after arguing with the body shop manager went got the dealership manager. He agreed to repaint it again bit in a new booth they were building. Bringing it back Monday and hope they finally get it right. Let me know how your repaint goes.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
They had no problem matching the color on my car when it got a new nose and the right front quarter repaired, but they totally messed up the stripe, so I have to go back for another try.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, car got picked up yesterday. We will see what happens, still waiting to hear back from Chrysler on the hood replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts