Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2010 torred red challenger SE I was wondering if anyone that has the same color notice a differance in the color from the bumpers to the sheet metal?Mine has a slight darker apperance.Anyone else?

·
Registered
466 Posts
most colors show that difference

·
Registered
457 Posts
most colors show that difference
Plastic and Metal don't expose paint the same. Its been common since they started using plastic. Worst color on Dodge was Stone White for the contrast.

·
Banned
Challenger
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
color

I agree no big deal I love the car paint and all.I have to paint the front bumper anyway.When I installed my backup camera I had to put the car in neutral and the car rolled forward abought 4" and when I raised the garage door it caught on my front bumper and put a nice scratch in it so when I repair it I am going to try and tint the color to match a little better.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I haven't noticed it on mine.

The only color I haven't noticed it much on, has been the Brilliant Black. I'd have to say from the pics and trying to choose my second Challenger's color, Deep Water Blue also looks fairly safe from this side effect. DWB owners might prove me wrong, however.

I don't noticed it at all on my B.B.

·
Registered
457 Posts
The only color I haven't noticed it much on, has been the Brilliant Black. I'd have to say from the pics and trying to choose my second Challenger's color, Deep Water Blue also looks fairly safe from this side effect. DWB owners might prove me wrong, however.

I've seen it on...

Stone White, Fuschia, Dark titanium, Mineral Grey and Bright Silver...

THe 2011's...can't see it at all.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

I may not be the best person to comment, I'm color blind(issues with differentiation), but I haven't noticed a change in my DWB at all, and no one else has commented to any issues.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Also as the plastic fascias are not painted at the same time the metal body is . Two different procedures so your bound to get a slight variation no matter what colour

1 - 11 of 11 Posts