Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 13' rallye redline in silver. I love the car and all but I love mopars and more specifically mopar colors. I also love to customize my car (subtly) via color complimenting stripes and little bits. Silver is sort've hard to work with, right now I have srt carbon racing stripes with a red pin stripe (which works with the rallye wheels) so I was wondering how much it would cost for a cheap paint job? Maybe in plum crazy, or B5 blue, possible hemi green. Or would it be cheaper to get a full body vinyl, but would it look good? I have no problem with labor and for painting can sand the car down if it cuts down on price. Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd think you'd be better off selling and buying one the color you wanted over re-painting price wise. If you know someone that was going to help you save on labor etc and you knew it was going to be of a high quality then maybe it'd be worth while. When I think cheap paint jobs I think of companies like Maaco and besides the cost of having them paint the car I'd think you'd lose money on the value of the car after a going with a cheap paint job.

Silver two toned with black would look nice like the cars you saw in the http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/anyone-seen-silver-black-roof-138770/ thread.

The AAR striping I have on Rosie I was planning to do on a Silver blacktop until I found my current car. In this thread there are some shots of Lurch's car which I think is a pretty sweet looking silver challenger as well.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/torn-silver-granite-retro-arr-look-124225/

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Here's another concept of what you could do without having to paint. G5R_SPE_Silver.jpg Photo by JohnnyGMachine | Photobucket That would be going with a black vinyl top and then a vinyl mid stripe graphic on the side you could then dip the spoiler black etc... Anyways it's food for thought hopefully you find an idea/design for your car that makes you happy.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts