Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!!

I am about to place an order for an R/T classic with the track pack and the 6 speed manual tranny. The problem is the paint schemes that i would accept are all in limbo due to the earthquake in Japan.

What I am wondering is this. Can I order a car with paint delete and get a credit on the car for the paint? Since we are at the mercy of the Japanese on this and since it is not anyone's fault exactly, it seems to me that this option might be available.

Those of you who are in the know on this forum, if you would inquire about this possible course of action I would be most grateful!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
how would you ever get paint everywhere?

would you dissemble your whole car?

its a silly idea....wait

i really doubt they would ship a primer car...that would be a disgrace

·
Registered
254 Posts
Pigment production at the affected factory is allegedly going to resume on June 1st.

... and getting a car just in primer is no good unless all the parts that bolt onto it also come in crates, since you'll have to strip it to paint it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gentlemen, as I am one of crazy people who take cars completely apart to install world class car audio systems, it isnt that big a deal for me. We are looking at approximately 4 to 6 months to install the audio system and we will have to take it down almost to the frame and remove the engine. Its a show car in the making.

That being said, if the pigment problem is going to be solved by June, then I can wait. Thanks for the input folks1

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have torn down and put back together so many cars restoring the I have lost count.So no issue there.From the factory,the sealer is good enough as it is all that protects the metal under the car,just take a look and you will see that it is not painted.At least I would not have a multi-colored car when done.......

·
Registered
323 Posts
if your going to paint it anyway just buy whatever is on the lot that matches what you want. dealership would never let a car go out in primer and doubt they would give you a credit on it.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been told by a dealer that even if Merck starts shipping again in June that it will take a while to get through the pipeline, and that they fully expect there to be no more 2011 Challengers built in the restricted colors after the March 28 ordering deadline cars have been fulfilled, leaving me to wait for the 2012 to ship. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts