Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

So unfortunately my front passenger side fender has a dent, scratch and paint chip on it. this happened a few months back and i narrowed it down to a matter of about a day and a half when it could have happened but whats done is done. I went to a local paint shop who i know does fantastic work from my friends bringing their mustang and charger there. i would love for them to do the work but i was given a quote of about $1300. he said to buy the fender it is cheap. about $155 but he would have to paint the hood and door to "blend" it all together. i do know that the deal primarily with insurance situations so maybe that is why they have a high estimate but i thought it was a little crazy to re paint all of that.

My questions are is it really necessary to repaint all 3 pieces? wouldn't i then have a body that is half original paint and half blend paint?

i am not one to skimp out on my baby but being that im only 18 i don't have unlimited funds like some do.

Does anyone know of a body shop in in or close to central New Jersey where i can get a great paint job for maybe a little less cash? or am i just asking for to much.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
depends on how old the paint is. If I dont blend it you will see a difference in what is painted and what is not. No matter how good you are at mixing paint no one can can hit it exactly. so you blend to hide the color difference. it may be your alright with being able to see that difference myself I wont paint a fender without blending. because when I do your gonna be upset about the color difference

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you repair the fender you can blend within the fender. Keep as much of the car original as you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts