Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I discovered this a few months back.

I went to my local dealer and they told me it had been repainted off the factory. Bullshit, I bought this car new.

Then I went to another dealer but it was in the afternoon and the sun wasn't as bright and the tech at their paint facility was taking pictures of the area while my shadow was cast on it, he said he would contact FCA and then I never heard from him again, even after calling twice and being reassured I would be called back as soon as he had an answer. Also bullshit.

Seeing how I'm not going to get an honest or competent answer out of the dealers, can anyone tell me if this looks like something that qualifies for warranty?

The area in front of the rear wheel well also has extremely thin base coat.

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

Bueller?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If you want my personal answer, than yes it should qualify for warranty. I would like to know how the dealer knew how it was repainted at the factory. Everything is painted by robots now. How long ago did you talk to the second dealer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If you want my personal answer, than yes it should qualify for warranty. I would like to know how the dealer knew how it was repainted at the factory. Everything is painted by robots now. How long ago did you talk to the second dealer?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No, he said it was repainted OUTSIDE the factory. That there were "signs" and randomly pointed at the door jamb where I saw nothing to indicate it was repainted.

It's been maybe a month and a half-ish.

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
FYI, back when I worked for a dealership body shop, I discovered that occasionally when the shipper damages a vehicle they will have it repaired themselves before delivery. Also the dealership you bought it from should have access to a list of everything that was done by them before it was sold so that if they repaired shipping damage, they would have a record of every penny they put into a vehicle. Not saying that happened to yours but either way, it would be covered under warranty. If you have a really good specialty body shop around it might be worth the peace of mind to have them look at it. They would be able to tell if it was in fact done at the factory or after and they wouldn't have any reason to tell you different like the dealership. And I agree, have Dodge Cares rattle their cage.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, back when I worked for a dealership body shop, I discovered that occasionally when the shipper damages a vehicle they will have it repaired themselves before delivery. Also the dealership you bought it from should have access to a list of everything that was done by them before it was sold so that if they repaired shipping damage, they would have a record of every penny they put into a vehicle. Not saying that happened to yours but either way, it would be covered under warranty. If you have a really good specialty body shop around it might be worth the peace of mind to have them look at it. They would be able to tell if it was in fact done at the factory or after and they wouldn't have any reason to tell you different like the dealership. And I agree, have Dodge Cares rattle their cage.
I called the dealer I bought it from and they have no such records of that happening. I will approach a bodyshop when I have the time and ask them inspect it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts