Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any Non-SRT owners painted their brake calipers? I'm thinking of painting the ones on my Deep Water Blue R/T. I'm thinking red. Any thoughts or pics???

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've been thinking about painting mine after the weather warms. Been thinking about red as well. I just think it would look good against the chrome clads and the black paint. Blue might be cool too.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
You need to search some old threads = I remember some good info on this topic.

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
ask speedy he has got it all!

·
Registered
485 Posts
I painted mine red. They came out great. I originally used caliper covers, but decided to paint them instead. I used the duplicolor caliper paint kit and it worked great. It took a lot longer than expected, but was well worth it. I am very happy with the results and the paint has held up very well. I used the kit with the brush and didn't take them off my car, but there are kits that come with high temp spray paint if you want to take them off.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Painted Brake Calipers

Well I used a caliper paint kit by POR 15 that turned out really well. It was a three part process and took an entire day and 4 foam brushes but it turend out really well.

Best of luck

Todd!

·
Registered
466 Posts
i painted my deep water blue calipers blue
everyone paints them red i wanted to be different

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Painted my Det Yellow calipers Det Yellow. I didn't like the shades of yellow available to me in the caliper paints on the market, so I just cleaned them up and used paint from expresspaint.com in the proper paint code.

Mike

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I'm thinking about painting mine to match the body color.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts