Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted my engine cover, strut covers, and washer fluid cap. Used VHT brake caliper paint (blue) and VHT Engine enamel black high gloss. still got a little more to do.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks good. I'm thinking about doing mine with red accents. Did you order the Air Raid Box and Filter separately? I noticed you are using the stock intake tube. Can you tell any difference since adding it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Looks good. I'm thinking about doing mine with red accents. Did you order the Air Raid Box and Filter separately? I noticed you are using the stock intake tube. Can you tell any difference since adding it?
My mechanic ordered it for me, that's how the airaid comes, the Intakes do look better with aftermarket tubes but I think most of them have smaller tube sizes then what comes stock on our cars, but if I can find an after market tube that fits right, is larger diameter and looks good I will end up replacing the stock, mainly for appearance. I did feel an improvement and like the sound, also cut off mid smaller mufflers/resonators and had welded straight pipes to the rear mufflers. all in all really helped the engine get more air in and helped shoot it out. I wanted to order the Mopar but the price was just to high, and I love the look but a metal tube to supply Cold air in a hot engine just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great..I'm in the process of finishing mine too.. View attachment 70868
Looks good, where did you get the carbon fiber pieces and how much? I love the front piece! Is called a front radiator cover, i want to get the abs cover carbon as well!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I just had them Plasti-Dipped..the place I took it to had about 10 different carbon fiber designs..I got all six pieces done for 250...so just the radiator cover and the abs shouldn't cost much to get done..

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks nice...

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wanted to order the Mopar but the price was just to high, and I love the look but a metal tube to supply Cold air in a hot engine just doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Yo. I like what you did under the hood! In terms of the cai/cost of the mopar, I opted for the K&N Typhoon. It looks and sounds amazing and definitely adds a little kick in terms of acceleration. The amount of hp a cai adds is questionable anyway...how much are you really losing going with a metal tube? Imho, it's worth a horse our two to look this good (and at a reasonable price, too).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's pretty sweet! This is what I've done so far...
Redline Tri Coat Pearl (PRY) spray paint & clear coat from AutomotiveTouchup.com
I created the V6 Pack decal myself. I designed it to mimic the 440 Six Pack air cleaner decal from 1970.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Lots of great looking covers guys!

Sent from my XT901

·
Registered
43 Posts
Painted my engine cover, strut covers, and washer fluid cap. Used VHT brake caliper paint (blue) and VHT Engine enamel black high gloss. still got a little more to do.
You used caliper paint for all parts? Did you use any clear coat on top? I want to try this with mine. Actually, want to plastidip but I thought the engine would be too hot and melt it. Any thoughts on that?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,401 Posts
I used regular spray paint, no issues so far

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts