Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some bad acid rain on the factory purple hood, so i decided to repaint it matte black. It matches the stripes pretty well. Didnt want to shell out the the $$$ on a new hood at this time, so i wanted to make the car look a little different. Sprayed it with PPG Envirobase Waterborne Black Basecoat. Then used PPG 2060 Flat Clear over it to give good UV protection. What do u guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
You might want to plastic the top of the front fascia so it blends together.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im actually just going to use matte vinyl for that piece, didnt want to get into painting the bumper so if i decide to change my mind down the road

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT Core
553 Posts
10-4,the plasti coat will peel right off to with no damage also.Anyway looks good like a drag car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i do like the wrap, but i didnt pay anything for this. I sell automotive paint so i got the materials at no cost. Plus i needed to sand the hood down where it had acid rain on it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I like it! I might be biased though, because i did this same mod back a long time ago, plus the trunk and spoiler. When i originally did it, i had the bumper lip painted as well so the black flowed down. After a minor fender bender, i replaced the front bumper with a 2011 nose, and decided to leave the black off this time. I was then presented with the same "unfinished" dilemma. Shortly after, i decided to put body matched stripes on it, and it REALLY ties it all together. Just food for thought. Either way, awesome looking car :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ya like i said, i was hesitant to do the bumper because i wanted to make sure i keep the hood this way. I dont want to do the bumper matte, and then if i change my hood back to purple, i have to worry about repainting the bumper purple. Its a hassle. So for now ill get some matte vinyl and do the bumper next week to make it flow w/ the hood.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts