Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Very nice... plan on doing the same... my hood is supposed to arrive tomorrow!! Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOL!!! what hood did you get..mine is an AFR..true ram air SHAKER. Post some pics when you get it all done...mine goes for wheels and tires today...lower and sway bars next week or so....

Nice looking car you have...cant wait to see it with the new hood!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I ordered the AFR hood back in Feb.

The shipping company couldn't get their heads out of their butts so I won't see it until Monday if I am lucky. Normally I wouldn't be mad but there is a huge Mopar show tomorrow and it would have been nice...

Thanks! I have the Shaker sticker for the hood and billet aluminum 345HEMI callouts for the Shaker ready to go, as well as Hemi orange paint for the air cleaner cover....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NICE....can't wait to see pics! I had a similar problem with my shipper...so I went to pick it up at their depot. Install was a snap...but took a few hours....trimming the half covers to fit was biggest problem...take your time and don't cut too much at first...trial and error is best...Steve is an awesome guy and VERY helpful...if you talk to him tell him Gary in PA with the Header Orange and silver striped SRT8 said hi....I just got my new wheels today and 275 front 315 rear Nitto NT05's...next is some lowering...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I don't have half covers.. so it should be even faster... lol... So you didn't have any alignment issues or shimming to do? Was the shaker centered well or was that a snap too?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everything lined up PERFECTLY!! I have a striped car and once the hood was aligned the stripes were even perfect and they never even saw the car...I am in PA and they are in MI. I sent him some measurements and they went from there! Have two helpers with you and use masking tape on the fenders at the mating surface to protect the paint until you are sure the gaps are all sufficient. The body gaps won't be perfect but it is a fiberglass aftermarket hood that is being bolted on without being fit to the car...I am not complaining...I LOVE it!!!!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
What's up with your hood?

Yeah, the delivery company goofed up... I didn't get it until Monday. With the bad weather passing through this week I elected to wait until Saturday to install... So tomorrow a couple of buddies are coming over and we will do the install... Will take pics!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
No hood pins... and yes, tape and time - lots of both so all should be good... I have also been researching any problems folks have had so I won't be surprised if any issues come up....

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Here is the final product.... I am happy... :)

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Pictures... I do.... as far as the mounts... the washer line is a bit bigger line like 5/32s or something... then some plastic fasteners from Ace Hardware - screws I had already...

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Another shot...

Reactions: DFW
1 - 20 of 34 Posts