Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has painted your Shaker? I love the look of the 50th Anniversary with the painted Shaker and was considering doing it. If so what’s the best way of going about it. Mines Indigo Blue. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,172 Posts

I personally think the shaker looks best as a contrast. You notice the 50th, while body color, all have black hoods

But then again...

A Guy

Reactions: B5Bomber

·
Super Moderator
17,463 Posts
you'd have to remove the hood / scoop rubber seal, the badges (held on with 3M double side tape) and remove the screws for the grille inserts then prep it for paint

the paint code is on the door VIN sticker - three letter code

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
Have it done by a pro if you do.

Reactions: OregonScat

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I thought I would hate the body color shaker too but as A Guy stated contrast makes the difference. It actually has me loving the flat black hood more too. I always though it looked cool from outside the car but I hated the fact I loose the body color when behind the wheel. Now with a body color shaker I have the best of both worlds. I guess that's all my future shaker plans too as I'm now hooked on that combo. Mondingo if you paint it you may want to think abut wrapping the hood after. Posts pics if you do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts