Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of getting some gold stripes painted on my white Series 1. I really like the clean look without the stripes, but I look at pictures online and I also really like the gold stripes on the white cars. I don't want sticker stripes, so I'm thinking of having them painted on by a great paint and body shop in my home town.

I was informed by someone at Hurst that the stripes they put on are painted, not decals so I'm hoping for some help with templates. I have contacted Hurst about a template, but have yet to hear from them.

If they can't help me, any ideas? Maybe buy a set of decal stripes and let the body shape make a template from it?

I truly believe a "quality" painted stripe job will look killer.

This is what I'm looking for:

·
Banned
863 Posts
My friend just had his charger painted with 10" stripes. Same like the Hurst style. It was very easy for the painter to do it. This is common for a good painter. Talk to a shop, they should be able to take car of it no problems. I know they had to clear coat areas of the car to get the raised painted areas to blend without an edge. Paint will be raised like vinyl.

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah, any quality painter can take care of that without a template provided. and yes, painted stripes will look much nicer then vinyl.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Painted is always better than decals, HOWEVER, I would put decals on first for a few months to make sure you REALLY like them. Decals can come off.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, one other question:
My Hurst Airspeed spoilers are black. Thinking of having them painted white same time as the stripes. Cool? Or leave them black.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
I think your ride is gonna look even hotter than it already is....do it

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I am going to do the paint.
Talking with the body shop. Probably won't get around
to it until the summer.
I'll be sure to post pictures when I'm done.
Thanks guys for all the input and thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts