& you can paint in around the license.
On the one hand painted stripes look awesome , on the other
it will ruin the originality
Thoughts ??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Painted Stripes

Oz1 - I really like the idea of painting the stripes and plan on doing this once I get my car. I've seen comparisons of vinyl versus painted on some Camaro's and the difference with the painted stripes is big. Would have been nice if they were painted from the factory since they are limited.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Stripe Painting

I hear ya zeagen on Dodge needing the stripes being painted on the IE models. Keeping these vinyl stripes in nice condition is going to be a pain in the a#%.

If I were to have painted stripes... I would first talk to a really good body shop in regards to racing stripes. Although I don't know how this would effect re-sale value... :scratchhead:

But if you end up painting stripes on your car... I'd love to see pics! I'm sure the difference would be very apparent.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When they are painted even with the rest of the paint so there are no ridges then all the area's cleared they look phenomenal.
My stripes had swirls from day one .
I may wait to see how the vinyl hold up but it's a night & day difference
between painted & vinyl.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
I am thinking of ripping mine off and you are thinking of painting them on.

Interesting.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
I am considering painting my stripes on too.

1. It needs to be done by a great body shop guy.
2. I think the originality might be ok, IF the stripes on done 100% first class.

JOHN

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am considering painting my stripes on too.

1. It needs to be done by a great body shop guy.
2. I think the originality might be ok, IF the stripes on done 100% first class.

JOHN
Too bad they didn't offer the option from the factory like they did on the Vipers & Ford GT's for that matter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts