Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody do this and have any tips? I've seen to use a hair dryer and fishing line to get them off. What type of adhesive do I use to put them back on? Also does it matter what type of paint I use to spray them? And what grit sand paper do I use to scuff them up for the paint to adhear or is that not necessary. I know they sell decals for them but I got (getting) the GCM and simply just wanting to black them out. Probably in gloss to match the blacktop wheels and fuel door. One last thing. Any "tips" to putting them back on straight? I'm think some type of template

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I wouldnt use sandpaper, id use green scotchbrite to rough them up. As far as removing, Just lay some maskin tape around them, get a good putty knife, heat them up a lil with hair dryer, then pry underneath them carefully with putty knife. Should just pop off

·
Premium Member
3,196 Posts
I have removed several sets. Fishing line works good although when I had none I actually used dental floss. Use GooGone to get rid of the residue then alcohol to clean the area. To reinstall get the proper stuff like 3M molding tape pn/ 03615. That's the double sided rubber automotive tape that's on there now. I got some from AutoZone and an automotive paint supply store. Cut a piece large enough for the nameplate, lay it on the sticky side, trim carefully with an exacto knife then peel and stick on. If you want to get it back in the same spot either measure the original location or make a simple template.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts