Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I got my car back after 2 weeks at the dealership/dealership's 3rd party bodyshop originally for paint defects and panel alignment but it was returned with more problems dinged, scratches, and they didn't fix the panel alignment. The guy from the bodyshop came to have me point out problems and he said he won't fix the panel alignments because it is within tolerance. I walked around to look at the other Challengers at the dealership and they don't look as bad as mine. Most of them look pretty flush on the side. Do you guys have any panel alignment issues and is that something that's just within tolerance and accepted? Any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Can you post some pictures?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Fender to door on the right (passenger) side? Lower fender to door on the left side?

You bought a Dodge, not a Lexus. I don't care if you spent $70,000 for a Hellcat, the standard for all Challengers, it set by the base model.

They don't have a separate assembly line for the expensive ones.

When you buy a new car, look over every inch of it, if you find issues, that will require a repaint, issues that you can't live with, don't buy the car.

People always get screwed trying to get warranty paint work done. Chrysler/Fiat doesn't want to pay for a correct repair, and the dealer often uses a half ass, shop that charges the least, and probably does their used car work.

I'm a collision and refinishing professional. My 18 Scat has minor panels alignment situations, and a couple of small paint defects (dirt). I, could fix them, correctly, but I really don't see any reason to disturb factory fasteners, factory finish, or factory corrosion protection.

Many Chrysler body panels offer no option for adjustment, by the way....

You people need to leave your cars alone.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The hood on my ‘16 SRT has a pronounced dip on one side and a minor dip on the other, making both sides not flush with the fenders. Other than replacing the hood which may or may not fix the problem, I don’t know what else could be done. I’m with Oregon and just leaving it be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm with OregonScat also....... Bought my '14 R/T new off the lot (didn't order it) so it was pretty near perfect because they most likely went through it before I ever saw/drove it. Passenger's door is very slightly out of alignment. I didn't even notice until I was waxing the car a few weeks later. I never brought it back to the dealer....., it's really minor and I don't feel like having them mess something else up (while not making the alignment any better). Forget about it and enjoy your car SRT8outtaLA. :smile:

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
My 2015 service manual gives the alignment tolerances for the panels...I would measure them off the car and compare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts