Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Quick question to those of you with lowered suspensions. Did parking become a pain afterwords? I'm taking the plunge no matter what..I have a 2012 SXT and wanted to lower it around 1"-1.5" all around. Even now I sometimes scrape the bottom of my front spoiler when I pull in to some curb stops. I'm somewhat concerned because of this. How did some of you guys adjust? Was it a painful process?

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Back in everywhere...:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,121 Posts
Stop sooner. No kidding, get use to stopping short. Your rear end won't be sticking out unless it's a compact car space, and we aren't compact. Backing in when able/allowed is also good. It's just something you get used to. Sometimes you look and you are past the curb and it's juuuuust under the spoiler, and you cringe. I can honestly say I've never crunched mine. I just stop sooner, I could care less if it looks funny. I leave space when stopping while driving too. Never understood the need to get 1" from the guy in front of you!

A Guy

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've had mine lowered with Mopar stage 1 lowering springs and I added a splitter which made it even lower so I back in everywhere I go. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Stop sooner. No kidding, get use to stopping short. Your rear end won't be sticking out unless it's a compact car space, and we aren't compact. Backing in when able/allowed is also good. It's just something you get used to. Sometimes you look and you are past the curb and it's juuuuust under the spoiler, and you cringe. I can honestly say I've never crunched mine. I just stop sooner, I could care less if it looks funny. I leave space when stopping while driving too. Never understood the need to get 1" from the guy in front of you!

A Guy
Yep....what he said. :)

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts

A Guy
Exactly!!!! You should never hit the spoiler, or come close. Back in, don't turn around in your seat, mirrors only after you establish nobody is behind you. Mirrors. Then never lie.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T
129 Posts
Man! let me tell you, if you are going to park I highly recommend that you back in. I had to learn the hard way, I have Eibach springs on my RT it has a about a 2" drop on it now and one day I decided to park front in first ....not paying attention to the little cemented block and drove right over it...no problem there but when I backed out ...all bad! my splash guard got caught onto the cement block and I damn near ripped my splash guard off and my spoiler. I got it fix now but dude! I cringed when I heard that popping sound, and that;'s when I knew I would never pull forward into a parking stall.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Front parking sensor, I know a couple people that installed one. I might do it.

·
Registered
252 Posts

I'm in agreement with what has been said. Stop short if you nose in but get used to backing up. Without a backup camera, mirrors are fine but with the big booty we have and those thick (I mean, curvy) B pillars, backing out can be nerve wracking in a tight place.

That being said, I have Stage 1 springs and love the stance! Thats with 275/40/20 in the back and 245/45/20 in front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts