Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most know I went to Forum Wars to run fri, and help for anything Jeff might need. I installed a Vortech just before the dead line to leave, and holidays were here so getting a good tune was hard. After a drum run of 491rwhp I had high A/f and knk. The so called operator of the drums said he made it safe and sent me out the door with a/f 13.2 lean to me.
I went to war anyway. Jeff told me not to worry said Dyno Steve was with and he had his CMR. Well Ok.
Thur afternoon when finished with Jeffs car Steve said lets have a look. He looked a bit and offered to build me his 5.7 vvt Vortech tune In the parking lot, from scratch with my stock tune, using the street for a dyno and hotel for an office. Sounded good to me.
Never met him, I had no clue who he was. RPD, Dyno Steve, this was at no charge, just to see a fellow racer go fast on a good safe tune. That is a person who has racing in his blood.
This was done in a few hours, on the street, pull afterr pull. The car got smoother and smoother, faster and faster.
It feels much better than just coming off the drums with the 491rwhp I put down.
One main reason this could be done is I have a wideband a/f set up in the car. It let him put it spot on using the cmr and years of knowledge.
PARKING LOT TUNE got me a PB of 12:24 at 114.9 2.1 60ft and as you heard traction was bad. Rolling into the throttle.
Stock 5.7 vvt motor, no cam, no headers, no intake, nothing. Vortech installed at home, by FlatTop myself. Parking lot tune, By RDP Dyno Steve.
I feel high 11 to mid 11s with no problem this spring.
Get a wide band a/f its a real help in tuning, with the right tuner. And a gauge you want to look to keep safe.
Thanks Dyno Steve for the Parking Lot Tune. Flat Top

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
great story, good stuff from Steve. way to go supporting Jeff.
Did anyone ever tell you that you look like Moe? LOL

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea lol my favorites, even in black n white. Changes with the Flat Top though.....
Story true No Snake oil.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Great write up! You and Steve tearing up the back roads of Baytown was awesome. Man, were you just a little excited when you got back from that last run. It was super meeting you. Mid 11's here you come.......

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Speedy its 11.5 now. Hemi Sam good meeting you hope you get the bugs out let us know what you find.
Flt instructor, you seen how happy I was. You seen The parking Lot Tune unfold yourself. lol BW said, no worry FlatTop Dyno Steve will get you right.
FT

·
Registered
437 Posts
Pretty cool story! Congrats to you FlatTop and props to Steve - that was a solid thing to do.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
FT congrats on the nice run on Friday nite. You will be chipping away at that number once the spring weather hits your area. Dyno Steve did you a mighty fine service, I tip my hat to Geico!!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Speedy its 11.5 now. Hemi Sam good meeting you hope you get the bugs out let us know what you find.
Flt instructor, you seen how happy I was. You seen The parking Lot Tune unfold yourself. lol BW said, no worry FlatTop Dyno Steve will get you right.
FT
Same here, bro! Very much enjoyed hanging with you.

HemiSam

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
csman77 6 psi is all. I hope to get new drum numbers by mid next week.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts