Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the way I prefer to park her.... away form everybody... this photo is from today, had someone parked next to me when I walked out

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Wow, you parked it in a different zip code, lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty much the same way. The only time I don't do that is if for some reason I have to go to Walmart or the like then I park as far away from the front as I can.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got me some door shox door bumpers and I always park in a corner spot and point my camera toward the side where people can park next to me are leave my girl in the car lmao if we both have to go in will use the bucket car lmao ?

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
This is the way I prefer to park her.... away form everybody... this photo is from today, had someone parked next to me when I walked out
These cars are magnets. This happens a lot. Someone probably wanted to check your car out.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,016 Posts
The other day at the Lucky's store near me parked my JCW next to a Hellcat. Wanted to check the car out but also I figured as a Hellcat owner myself, and with a new JCW, this other Hellcat was safe from getting a door ding from me.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,016 Posts
Pic kind of reminds me of an incident that happened, that I heard about 2nd hand.

Years ago used to drive 280 freeway from Wolfe Road in Sunnyvale to San Jose and back. This was my work commute. On the way home in the afternoon I'd pass the HP facility at Wolfe and the freeway with at least one of its employee parking lots visible from the freeway. (This before the sound walls were installed.)

At some point spotted a new Corvette parked all by itself at the far end of the parking lot.

Drove by day after day. Kind of got used to seeing the Corvette.

Then one day it was gone.

Didn't show up again.

Sometime later I was talking a woman who had worked at that facility -- this after it closed down -- and mentioned the Corvette. She said what happened was one day another employee got in his (or her -- I don't recall know if the driver was male or female) car and mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal and the car shot out across the parking lot and smashed -- you guessed it -- right into the that Corvette parked out all by itself. Totaled the car. Insurance replaced the Corvette but the owner never drove the new one to work.

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
She said what happened was one day another employee got in his (or her -- I don't recall know if the driver was male or female) car and mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal and the car shot out across the parking lot and smashed -- you guessed it -- right into the that Corvette parked out all by itself. Totaled the car. Insurance replaced the Corvette but the owner never drove the new one to work.
Ouch!!! :crying:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You are a brave guy parking near those trees that could fall on your ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One morning I parked at the very edge of the (empty) parking lot at the Museum of Aviation at Robbins Air Force Base. I guess there was some kind of event in the picnic area, because the lot was filled up when I came back to leave in the afternoon. I had parked less than halfway into the next spot in front.

Whatever that little red SUV thing is still had enough room where he parked, but the goofball with the Jag had more than half his car hanging out in the lane. :huh:

So I snap a picture of the plate and head back to the museum info desk so they can page the owner. The people at the desk were surprised at all the cars since that area is usually empty. I head back out and wait a while, then decide to go back to the museum to kill time. Right then I see a young guy, with I guess his girlfriend, heading towards the Jag.

"That yours?", I asked. "Base security was just here and asked me if I was the owner. They said they called to have it towed since it's a hazard to traffic they way it's parked." They went :surprise: and drove off. I wonder if Daddy knows how Junior treats his car. :D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I guess he really is a Jag-Off" blocking you in.

Reactions: enemy

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3 weeks ago, on 3 different occasions within 5 days, I parked in the middle of nowhere and when I came back there was raised trucks parked next to me. I glanced around the car before I left but did not notice anything but sure enough later that weekend when pulling out from the garage the fluorescent lighting showed a ding in the rear quarter that was up high above the side crease.���� Seriously WTF, I'm not gonna spell out what the hell will happen if I catch the next person that does this but it will be more then the $150 I spent having a PDR guy fixing this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts