Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Dodge Challenger R/T scat pack widebody 2020
11 Posts
Hi. Greating form Spain, just bought a New 2020 R/T Scat pack Widebody yesterday. The rear parking camera was working good. But, today, when I trying to park my car, the rear camera did not show- the screen did not switch to the rear view. I was still in the normal info page.

I checked with the owner's manual, but still can not figure out the where is the problem.

Does someone know what happend?

Thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Does the screen change with reverse?
If so, the car's settings and software are probably OK.
Slam the trunk a couple of times, wipe the camera carefully, tell the dealer!
If not, double check settings, and back up lights.
Let us know!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does the screen change with reverse?
If so, the car's settings and software are probably OK.
Slam the trunk a couple of times, wipe the camera carefully, tell the dealer!
If not, double check settings, and back up lights.
Let us know!
Hi. The screen did not change with reverse.. 🤣🤣 Only the driver screen showed a car with the parking censor alert.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Can you tell, or have someone look, do the reverse lights turn on?

A Guy

·
Registered
333 Posts
IF the reverse lights work, the car/comp know you're in reverse.
IF no change at all in display, suspect Uconnect (not activating on command to 'show reverse').
JIC - reseat camera connector at edge of trunk lid.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,709 Posts
Reboot the car, disconnect battery for a minute or so. Just remove the negative cable for a bit, then re-attach. (10mm? in the trunk)
If it happens again, warranty!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
I assumed the reverse lights were working as the parking sensors were. Generally I would agree on disconnecting the negative battery cable for a while. I've never had an issue doing that, although I do see people reporting they had issues after doing so, or a battery failure in general

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks of all your comment! I tried remove the battery, now is working the rear view camera! But new problem. The main screen now is black except show camera images when I put the gear in reverse. Otherwise the info page was completely black. 😂

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
I believe the reset for a 2018+ is as follows:

1. Turn the car on ACC mode, (hit the start button twice with your foot off the brake)
2. Hold down the voice command and phone button on your steering wheel for 30 seconds
3. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off
4. Once the Uconnect display is completely off (black screen) open the driver door
5. Close the driver door and turn vehicle on and it should be rebooted

Worth a try before attempting another battery disconnect. The new issue, following the other may indicate an actually Uconnect hardware issue, but I'd give these a chance first

A Guy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe the reset for a 2018+ is as follows:

1. Turn the car on ACC mode, (hit the start button twice with your foot off the brake)
2. Hold down the voice command and phone button on your steering wheel for 30 seconds
3. Let go of the buttons and turn the vehicle off
4. Once the Uconnect display is completely off (black screen) open the driver door
5. Close the driver door and turn vehicle on and it should be rebooted

Worth a try before attempting another battery disconnect. The new issue, following the other may indicate an actually Uconnect hardware issue, but I'd give these a chance first

A Guy
Thanks!!!! I just tried now! It’s working!!!! Now it’s completely ok!
Thanks a lot for your help!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Awesome! If it repeats, I'd say there is something hardware related, fingers crossed ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks!!!! I just tried now! It’s working!!!! Now it’s completely ok!
Thanks a lot for your help!!!
Hi Peng,

I'm wondering if you still have the issue coming back sometimes?
I have a 2020 scat pack widebody as daily driver and had the same problem around 3 times in 4 months.

Cheers
JM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Peng,

I'm wondering if you still have the issue coming back sometimes?
I have a 2020 scat pack widebody as daily driver and had the same problem around 3 times in 4 months.

Cheers
JM
Hi JM:

unfortunately it’s still happening sometime including all black screen. I’d already give up.:( normally wait one night everything back to normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the black screen issue as well at the beginning. Now after the dealership did an update and re-flashed the uconnect 2x it's better but not totally fixed. No black screen anymore just sometimes uconnect doesn't switch to the backup cam. The wireing was checked and seems fine...so most likely software or uconnect related issue. Other issue I have is the calculated arrival time, totally wrong every time I calculate a route on the nav.

I don't know if your challenger have been imported through AEC or AGT (the two official importer for Europe).In my case seems an AEC version with the EU software mod from Navi Service Europe (Sirius xm is missing on the radio menu and you need an usb stick for the EU maps to work).

What version of the software do you have?
I have the 19.42.16 (see pic) and according to navi service it's the last version available that they have yet.
Do you have the same issue with the arrival time?
Brown Text Colorfulness Line Amber

1 - 15 of 15 Posts