Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
That makes a lot of sense. And thank you for clearing up something I was wondering about but hadn't asked yet.. You put a small filter on the hose that connects to the stock box when you used the SRT box. That didn't affect performance did it? Thank you for the pictures. Once I get a new set up and test it I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
That makes a lot of sense. And thank you for clearing up something I was wondering about but hadn't asked yet.. You put a small filter on the hose that connects to the stock box when you used the SRT box. That didn't affect performance did it? Thank you for the pictures. Once I get a new set up and test it I'll post some pictures.

I did -during testing, use a small filter on the hose, after all was done I drilled a hole and used the 90 degree elbow off my old K&N 63 series cai kit.

the hose as you see in the picture just continued on to the upper lid, i drilled the hole in the upper lid and twisted the elbow in- made it's own threads as I turned it, twisted it back out and I put some gasket maker on the threads and screwed back into the lid and hooked my hose up with an extension of course since it was a little short. it looked factory nothin cheesy

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I did -during testing, use a small filter on the hose, after all was done I drilled a hole and used the 90 degree elbow off my old K&N 63 series cai kit.

the hose as you see in the picture just continued on to the upper lid, i drilled the hole in the upper lid and twisted the elbow in- made it's own threads as I turned it, twisted it back out and I put some gasket maker on the threads and screwed back into the lid and hooked my hose up with an extension of course since it was a little short. it looked factory nothin cheesy[/QUOTE]

Perfect. I'll probably use the small filter a short time while I figure which set up is best.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hey ddeennis, I know it's been a while, but how did you connect the 5/8 coolant hose to the 1/2 inch nubs on the hellcat coolant reservoir? Also the connector(nub) on the back of the reservoir (near the firewall) is close a computer part and another emissions part. I was thinking of getting a 135 degree elbow from (pegasus.com racing) and cut the 4 inches down to long enough to fit the nub and make the turn. What do you think?

Oh yeah hows your ride doing?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hey ddeennis, I know it's been a while, but how did you connect the 5/8 coolant hose to the 1/2 inch nubs on the hellcat coolant reservoir? Also the connector(nub) on the back of the reservoir (near the firewall) is close a computer part and another emissions part. I was thinking of getting a 135 degree elbow from (pegasus.com racing) and cut the 4 inches down to long enough to fit the nub and make the turn. What do you think?

Oh yeah hows your ride doing?
just use a hose on the "nubs" as a filler, cut a short "adapter" rubber hose to slide over the 1/2" nub only, make sure it's tight and now you can slide your 5/8" hose over the nub.

now it looks stock - easier to show a pic then to explain. hope I made it clear. use a nice clean looking clamp now to finish it off.

135 elbow sounds good

haven't done nothing with my ride in many months, been busy doing other things.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
just use a hose on the "nubs" as a filler, cut a short "adapter" rubber hose to slide over the 1/2" nub only, make sure it's tight and now you can slide your 5/8" hose over the nub.

now it looks stock - easier to show a pic then to explain. hope I made it clear. use a nice clean looking clamp now to finish it off.

135 elbow sounds good

haven't done nothing with my ride in many months, been busy doing other things.
Thanks. Yeah I get so busy with life it's hard to come on here and just veg...know what I mean. I'm also on challenger forum(z) some, but I feel bad, because I ask you a lot of questions, but don't get on here much. I really appreciate the help. I thought about the same thing you suggested, by just enough 1/2 inch tube to cover the nub and then put the 5/8 inch tube on it. But the back nub is so close to other parts, I don't see how I can bend a hose. I'll just have to go to napa or autozone to test some hoses. Thanks again.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
The water that gets pumped out of the intercooler on the intake manifold goes to the tank.

I can't remember, front hose or the rear ward hose. disconnect one of the hoses off the intercooler on the intake manifold and have someone key on the ignition, if water is pumping out of the hose it goes to the intercooler first- because that is the coolest the coolant will be, it passes thru the intercooler and it gets heated up and it needs to go to the tank reservoir.

If the water gets pumped out of the intake manifold intercooler when you do your key on test, then that needs to go to tank.

I think the rearward hose is the one to remove, take it off and put it in front of the coolant tank and then get a new hose from the back side of the coolant tank to the rearward location of the intercooler- hose closes to firewall you just took off to put on the front of the tank.

the water must flow from the pump to the intercooler first-intake manifold, after it passes thru the intercooler it must go to the reservoir tank, the tank is high enough that the fluid gravity feeds down to the pump and the pump pushes it thru the heat exchanger up to intercooler again.

Hope this helps
Does this look right? I didn't have anyone home today so I couldn't keep the back hose off and see if the intercooler pumped the water out so I just committed to this.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
NUMBER 4 IS THE BACK HOSE SO IT DOES FEED THE PUMP, I FOUND THIS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. THANK YOU.

1.  Feed the intercooler return hose (the black hose in image below) through the gap at the top of
the radiator and next to the headlight and attach the hose to the front hose spigot of the
supercharger manifold.
2.  Attach the other end of the hose to the top spigot of the radiator and fix hose in place with the
spring band clamp supplied.
3.  Attach the pump feed hose to the lower radiator spigot; attach the other end of the hose to the
water pump.
4.  Feed the intercooler feed hose (yellow hose in image below) through the gap at the top of the
radiator and next to the headlight and attach the hose to the remaining spigot of the
supercharger manifold, next attach the other end of the hose to the water pump. Secure the
hose with the springband clamp provided.
5.  Attach the pump connector to the pump; ensure that the connector is properly secured to the
pump.
6.  Neatly tie the hoses and wiring harness in place with the cable ties suppled and trim off excess
cable ties.
 Prior to re-installing the air deflectors; on the left hand side of the air deflector a section 50mm
tall x 25mm wide, 25mm from the top of the radiator opening will have to be removed to allow
the hoses to pass through.
 Secure hoses in place with the supplied cable ties.
 Re-install the air deflectors.
Page 41 of 52
272D1001 REVISION 4.1
2012 + DODGE CHALLENGER/CHARGER & CHRYSLER 300
SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Does this look right? I didn't have anyone home today so I couldn't keep the back hose off and see if the intercooler pumped the water out so I just committed to this.
great job, need to see how the water is entering the tank. if the water is entering the tank from the rear your good. if the water is enter from the front then it's wrong because your pushing "cooled water" into the tank and it should be going to the intercooler.

thanks for the pics, nice.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
NUMBER 4 IS THE BACK HOSE SO IT DOES FEED THE PUMP, I FOUND THIS IN THE INSTRUCTIONS. THANK YOU.

1.  Feed the intercooler return hose (the black hose in image below) through the gap at the top of
the radiator and next to the headlight and attach the hose to the front hose spigot of the
supercharger manifold.
2.  Attach the other end of the hose to the top spigot of the radiator and fix hose in place with the
spring band clamp supplied.
3.  Attach the pump feed hose to the lower radiator spigot; attach the other end of the hose to the
water pump.
4.  Feed the intercooler feed hose (yellow hose in image below) through the gap at the top of the
radiator and next to the headlight and attach the hose to the remaining spigot of the
supercharger manifold, next attach the other end of the hose to the water pump. Secure the
hose with the springband clamp provided.
5.  Attach the pump connector to the pump; ensure that the connector is properly secured to the
pump.
6.  Neatly tie the hoses and wiring harness in place with the cable ties suppled and trim off excess
cable ties.
 Prior to re-installing the air deflectors; on the left hand side of the air deflector a section 50mm
tall x 25mm wide, 25mm from the top of the radiator opening will have to be removed to allow
the hoses to pass through.
 Secure hoses in place with the supplied cable ties.
 Re-install the air deflectors.
Page 41 of 52
272D1001 REVISION 4.1
2012 + DODGE CHALLENGER/CHARGER & CHRYSLER 300
SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Great, I would double check to be sure as well, maybe over time you could find a pre formed hose to clean up that rear hose, some of the auto parts stores will let you roam the hoses in the back and you can find a hose that will work even if you have trim some off one end or the other. you can also find better looking clamps to so it doesn't look so hacked, try to keep it a factory install- that's just me:grin2:. You got the function which is great!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I totally agree with you about wanting to make the car look stock. I ordered the reservoir and I got it late on Friday and had to work all weekend. So this was my first day I could install it so I did what I could to make it work. Thanks for your help. Next project will be messing with the air filter or filters and placement.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
6 Participants
adman98
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing